• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to wash Foam Applicator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to wash Foam Applicator?

Hey guys. I am new to the forum, but I am not new to Meguiar's products. But, I am no expert either. I just had a quick question about the yellow foam applicators.

What is the best way to wash them?

I have two or three of them and only one is to far gone to use again. I especially wanted to clean them before applying PlastX to my guage cover. Just to make sure it doesn't scratch. I heard the foam applicators were the best for this particular situation. A quick reply would greatly be appreciated.
    Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

I throw them in the washing machine and use the warm/cold setting with liquid detergent. They always come out looking brand new.

Comment

I hand wash them with a bit of liquid laundry soap.
      Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Thanks guys. Really!

I will try one each way and see which one is the best.

I am going on a detailing spree this weekend. I am going to do my car and my dad's truck. Maybe I will post some pics. I also might be back to asksome more questions.lol

Comment

I wash them using tide and hot water in the washing machine then let them air dry. I tried the dryer once and they split in two. Air drying doesn't take that long anyways.
          Chris

"Once a Meguiar's user...always a Meguiar's user!"

1994 Accord

Comment

I wash the foam applicator in the washer machine and they don't take long to air dry.

Comment

Well, I couldn't tell the difference in how clean the applicators are between the one I did by hand and the one I put in the washer. And, since the one by hand took way less time, I think I will do it that way from now on.

All I did was wet it in warm water, put some Wisk on it and massaged it in. Then I rinsed it really well and droped it into the dryer for 15 min and it worked like a charm.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');