• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clay question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clay question

I'm just about out of the quick detailer that came with the clay system, can I just put water in the bottle and use this as the lubricant or does it have to be the quick detailer. Thanks

I'm just about out of the quick detailer that came with the clay system, can I just put water in the bottle and use this as the lubricant or does it have to be the quick detailer. Thanks
    I Have yet to use QD to clay, but here is what I have done.

The first time I clayed the car, I washed and rinsed it, clayed it using a spray bottle with soapy water, and then rewashed and rinsed the car. I was beat, and still had to polish and wax it!

The second time I clayed my car, I just used the wash water I was going to wash the car, in my spray bottle. And since I was only doing the hood and front grill/fender, I wash the car, rinsed and dried the car. The sprayed the area I was working on, rinsed and dried it as I went.

But I'm sure you could use just water, once the car was washed. And if the claying doesn't work well with just water, add a few drops of car wash to the water or use the QD directly.

Comment

Use the quik detailer or any 'mist and wipe'. They have a much higher lubricity than water.
      Rangerpowersports.com
      Ranger72

Comment

I would avoid using just water. Either but a new bottle of the QD, or Nxt Detailer, or use carwash liquid mixed in water.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');