• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning the Triple Duty Brush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning the Triple Duty Brush

Hi All,

This is my first post so go easy on me. I tried using the search function to find info on how to clean the new Triple Duty Brush but could not find anything that related directly to cleaning the actual brush.
    I have just detailed all three cars (interior) we have in the family using the detail brush but it is now covered in a black residue. I guess its this is residue from previous products used on the interior.

So to get to the point what is the safest and best way to clean the brush. I have only recently purchased it and already find it a new and invaluable tool when cleaning the cars interior. However i don't want to risk damage to the bristles when cleaning it. I have tried rinsing it in just water but this hasn't removed the black residue on the bristles. Does any one have any tips, many thanks!

PS
    I live in Germany so what ever brand labels are available in the US will more than likely not be available here. So if you could remember to include whats in the actual product you recommend would be greatly appreciated!

I suspect you can get Woolite there. I'd dilute Woolite 1:6 with water and soak and agitate the brush in this solution.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the response but what exactly is 'Woolite" i have never heard of it so i do not know what i am looking for if i was to purchase an equivalent here in Germany.

Thanks in advance for the explanation!

Comment

Doesn't matter i did a quick 'google' for it and found it straight away! I will try and get hold of some and see how it goes!

http://www.ciao.de/Woolite_Color_Protection__763926

Comment

Well after having a look tonight in the shops i was unable to locate this product called 'Woolite'.
          Can any body make a suggestion to what alternative product i should be looking for? Can i just get some alternative product or something more specific, once again many thanks in advance!

Comment

Hi Matt,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Try using some warm/hot water and some dish soap or even some laundry detergent.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the tip i will try that, i would also like to say a big thank to yourself. I have been reading your articles and they are brilliant and inspiring! I look forward to your further articles!!!
              Also would you please pass on my compliments and thanks to ALL the guys and gals at Meguiars as the products are unbelievable and amazing to use with brilliant results!!!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');