• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why metal polish clear-coated wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why metal polish clear-coated wheels?

What is the benefit of using either All Metal Polish or NXT Polysh on clearcoated wheels?

The metal polishes seem like ColorX in that they clean and protect in one step. Perhaps, the clear-safe aspect is there so that no one screws up their wheels no matter what they're made of.

Re: Why metal polish clear-coated wheels?

Originally posted by thejazzguy
    What is the benefit of using either All Metal Polish or NXT Polysh on clearcoated wheels?

The metal polishes seem like ColorX in that they clean and protect in one step. Perhaps, the clear-safe aspect is there so that no one screws up their wheels no matter what they're made of.
    You got it. Effective enough to restore brilliance to metal surfaces, safe enough that people that have no clue as to what they're working on can't make a mistake.

The benefit to using our NXT All Metal Polysh on a clear coated wheel would be to restore clarity to the finish if it has become dull or hazy, thus clouding your view of the color or coating underneath. Remember, clear coated rims doesn't mean your rims are impervious to dulling and staining just like a clear coat finish on a car.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Would using the metal polish to restore clarity be more effective than using ScratchX, for example? (I'm not about to try using the PC on wheels, so I'll leave out the professional formulas.)

Comment

Originally posted by thejazzguy
        Would using the metal polish to restore clarity be more effective than using ScratchX, for example? (I'm not about to try using the PC on wheels, so I'll leave out the professional formulas.)
        If you're working on a metal surface, a metal polish will work best.

If you're working on a clear coat finish, then a paint cleaner like ScratchX will work best.

What are you working on, what is the problem, what is your goal?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

No problem here Mike , just curious that's all!

I just bought some polished aluminum rims and I will be using the All Metal Polish (which I love for exhaust tips.) For paint, I use a wide range of things from both the consumer and professional lines. For wheels I usually coat with tech wax, though I've been thinking of trying ColorX on a set of clearcoated rims (too lazy for multiple steps on wheels.)

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');