• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waxing wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waxing wheels

Hi,

I replaced my wheels on my car (Lancia Delta) to new ones. I would like to keep them as new and I read somewhere that waxing your wheels would be ideal for protection against dirt and breaking dust. I have attached an example picture of the wheels (not mine!). You can see it will be a nightmare to wax them, so I am looking for spraying wax. What would be the best spraying product for this, NXT Spray Wax? Any other thoughts?

Regards,
    Drapu
    Attached Files

Hello Drapu!

First, what at the wheels made of? Aluminum, magnesium? Second, are they clear coated? You can tell by appliying some metal polish, if the cloth turns dark, then they're not coated.

If they are coated you can try applying wax, other folks on the forum can give some recommendations of which one to use.

Also, from what I could tell on the picture, the are some parts of the wheel that are not smooth, and wax residues may get trapped there, so a spray wax may not be your best method.

Some of the more knowledgeable folks here will ad more info.

Alex
    Mandarina Racing

Comment

^^hes right, coating does make a difference. My wheels are actually painted with a clear coat on them, i used NXT Liquid wax. I love it, the brake dust just wipes right off, in fact most sprays off. I use NXT quick detailer to keep em up though.
      "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Originally posted by soonercivic
        ^^hes right, coating does make a difference. My wheels are actually painted with a clear coat on them, i used NXT Liquid wax. I love it, the brake dust just wipes right off, in fact most sprays off. I use NXT quick detailer to keep em up though.
        I am glad to hear that! NXT was the wax I chose to do my wheels last weekend. I used the paste version on one wheel. The paste does set up faster for some reason.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. As for the pictures, these are not my wheels, it is just an example to show that applying wax with a pad is a real nightmare. The wheels are coated. It seems that NXT Liquid Wax is the one to choose. Does that come in spray version?

Regards,
          D.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');