• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duct Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duct Tape

Trust me this question has nothing to do with my car. My sister recently went on vacation and on the way home her side view mirror fell off. She duct taped it back on. Shes home now and I cant live with this problem. How do I get the glue from the tape off? Please help.
    In a world full of sports cars the Dodge Viper is king.

Try Goo Gone. It worked when I took my emblems off. It didn't appear to hurt tha paint either. Not sure if anyone has any better advice, but it worked for me.
    Born to be hated;Dying to be loved.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited...1967 Ford Mustang 5.0...2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

Comment

Hey,

Using either Meguiar's Gold Class Bug and Tar Remover or Meg's Body Solvent should do the trick!! In a pinch, WD-40 could also work. Make sure to re-wax the area when done.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Meguiars Body Solvent will remove the residue

Comment

Re: Duct Tape

Originally posted by DodgeStratusR/T
          Trust me this question has nothing to do with my car. My sister recently went on vacation and on the way home her side view mirror fell off. She duct taped it back on. Shes home now and I cant live with this problem. How do I get the glue from the tape off? Please help.
          GOO GONE will definitely work....I had to remove the adhesive used to hold letters on a car I recently did and it worked beautifully..

Before GOO GONE:

After GOO GONE: (circled area shows where the letters used to be)
          Last edited by TKDDAD; Aug 11, 2005, 06:39 AM.
          Bill Poirier
          West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Also in a pinch, WD40 will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
              Also in a pinch, WD40 will work.
              WD-40 should do it.
              r. b.

Comment

How about getting 20 year old rock hard emblem glue off?

Comment

Originally posted by roushstage2
                  How about getting 20 year old rock hard emblem glue off?
                  I would still try the Meg's Body Solvent or maybe WD-40 though it may take either product a few applications to soften the glue. If these do not do it, you will have to go to a PBE and request automotive adhesive remover. The brand is not important. But usually the PBE will have the real strong and potentially dangerous stuff so use caution and read the label carefully.

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

What a coincidence, today my friend was wondering if I could get the sticky residue (not sticky anymore cuz it's been there for months) off of his window from a 4 inch circle sticker that was previously there. Bug and Tar remover worked extremely well. Seriously try this, all it took was a few applications and rubbing off with a terry cloth towel (I used a cheap one so I could just throw it away) But there was still bug and tar remover smeared on the glass but came off easy after a car wash.

Comment

Originally posted by F-150
                      What a coincidence, today my friend was wondering if I could get the sticky residue (not sticky anymore cuz it's been there for months) off of his window from a 4 inch circle sticker that was previously there. Bug and Tar remover worked extremely well. Seriously try this, all it took was a few applications and rubbing off with a terry cloth towel (I used a cheap one so I could just throw it away) But there was still bug and tar remover smeared on the glass but came off easy after a car wash.
                      You could just get some windex and spray it on the glue and the scrape it off with a razor. Probably works easier than most anything else for getting glue off of windows.

And 2hotford- Thank You. I will give it a shot with the WD-40 (no pun intended for all you "funny" people out there )

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');