• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule

Im new to the site and pretty new to detailing itself. I need a revamped maitenince schedule.
    My current schedule:
    Weekly-
    Wash (NXT)
    Quick Detail (NXT)
    Wheels (Hot Rims)
    Tires (NXT Tire Cleaner, and Insane Shine)

So far I've waxed once a month with NXT Paste. Ive got the interior and engine bay under control for now but I may ask later. I dont mind spending a ton of time on the car or money really I just want whats best for the paint, so based on that what are some tips. I have The Quik Clay and Grit Guard on order as we speak and Im waiting for that to use DC#1 and DC#2.
    In a world full of sports cars the Dodge Viper is king.

You have pretty good regimen going right now. You're going to love the Grit Guard after one use. Simply pour the water out of the bucket slowly after washing your car and you'll see the dirt and other abrasive particles that it trapped below.

I don't think I've ever washed a car without my Grit Guard after the first time I used it and did the above.

Also get some good drying towels if you don't already have some, Meguiar's Water Magnets are great.

Plenty of soft, plush premium quality microfibers are always handy as are plenty of foam applicators.

As far as tips go, here's the best one I ever heard, I like it so much I use it for my Sig line,

Find something you like

”Find something you like and use it often”

If you find a product you like, then apparently the results look good in your eyes, if you use it often, then your finish will always look great. It's only when you begin to neglect or abuse the finish that it goes down hill.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I agree... you have a good start. As Mike says the grit guard is well worth it, I am going to get a second one on my next Megs order.

Deep Crystal #1 and #2 work very well by hand or PC and the extra steps prior to wax are well worth the time, they add that extra pop! I wouldn't say do all three steps every month (#1, #2, Wax). Every 4-6 months or something like that what ever you feel is necessary.

Also IMO, its never a bad thing to toss on that quick coat of wax once a month!

Good luck!
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Hey,

I use a Grit Guard in each 5 gallon bucket - the soap and the rinse buckets. You will love the product!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

You don't need to use the NXT Tire Cleaner every week. It won't hurt anything to use it that often though. You may not need to use the Insane Shine every week either. Otherwise your schedule looks pretty good.

I QD using the NXT Speed Detailer every day unless it rains. If you do that you generally don't need to wash the car unless it rains or somehow gets mud on it.

RamAirV1
          2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
          2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Once you have your wheels clean, you can easily maintain them using a car soap and Megs Wheel Brush.

I almost look forward to cleaning my rims nowa days.

almost haha.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffM
              Once you have your wheels clean, you can easily maintain them using a car soap and Megs Wheel Brush.

I almost look forward to cleaning my rims nowa days.

almost haha.

IMO that is the best way to keep them clean... once you have protected them with a little wax inside and out it is very easy to maintain the wheels with just soap and the right tools.
              Brandon

Comment

As for using the Grit Guard, do you guys agitate your wash mitt against it, or is it used just for keeping the sediment at the bottom?
                r. b.

Comment

Hey RB,

I do not agitate my mitts on the Grit Guard, but I am sure others may. For me, I use the Grit Guard as an insurance policy that my mitt does not accidentally touch the bottom of the bucket and pick up dirt. As careful as one can be, one slip could mean hours of work to repair. Just IMHO!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Seems like it would be a good idea to agitate the mitt against the Grit Guard to loosen up any embedded grit.

Or maybe the modified version that I posted about would work for this purpose....

We want to hear from you. Let us know if you have any suggestions or ideas for NEW products that you would like to see Meguiar's come out with.
                    r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
                      As for using the Grit Guard, do you guys agitate your wash mitt against it, or is it used just for keeping the sediment at the bottom?
                      I do not agitate my mitts either... If there is something stuck in them I rub my hand over the mitt in the bucket of soap water to loosen up the grime.
                      Brandon

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');