• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing my "new" suv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing my "new" suv

I just got a used black Lexus RX300. I got a pretty good deal on it because the owner's kids scratched it up pretty good. I decided to order the da polisher and do an all out detail job next week. I'm kind of an old school guy, even though I'm 19. I say that because I was taught how to care for cars by my dad and he too was taught by his dad and so on. This forum has brought me up to date with the intricate steps, so next week I'll be a first time user of the clay bar, polisher, etc. I'm definitely excited to give it all a try and see how it turns out. I'll try to get some pictures, that is if my camera decides to cooperate. Thanks for the awesome forum!

Congradulations on your soon to look new lexus! The D.A is a wonderful tool for the consumer as well as professionals. Have no fear while using it, for it is extremely user friendly! What do you plan on using, 83 followed by 82 or 80? If you haven't allready, you might want to pick up a tube of Scratch X for it will come in handy!
    Rangerpowersports.com
    Ranger72

Comment

I've been using scratch x on my other cars and it's amazing. My Lexus has so many scuffs and being a somewhat large vehicle, I decided I would go with the DA. I plan on using 83 followed by 80 since that seems to be a working combination for a lot of users.

Comment

You can't go wrong with that combo. Just remember with the pc to work the product in completey and to overlap your strokes. If you havent read it yet, look for Mike Phillips post explaining proper DA techniques. (lbs. of pressure to apply, stroke directions/ overlapping)
        Scratch X is by far my favorite consumer line product. It along with NXT wax, wash and metal polish are the only consumer products I use on a regular basis. Speaking of, what to you plan on using for protection?
        Rangerpowersports.com
        Ranger72

Comment

Thanks for the advice. As for the protection, I haven't decided yet. What do you recommend?

Comment

Originally posted by sean
            ....I decided I would go with the DA. I plan on using 83 followed by 80 since that seems to be a working combination for a lot of users.
            That is a tough combo to beat.

But later on, you might want to consider #82, followed by #81, and then your choice of wax.

There's something special about the way that #82 can add to the wet look, and then #81 just tops it off.
            r. b.

Comment

82 is by far my favorite product to apply! (well with a rotary) As for the protection being its black go with the NXT wax. Use the D.A. polisher with a finsihing pad (or polishing pad, but I prefer the finshing) on speed three applying a real thing coat. #26 wax, step three of the DC line, and #21 are all great options.
              Rangerpowersports.com
              Ranger72

Comment

I'll probably go with the nxt wax, since I've been wanting to try out something from the nxt line.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');