• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Car Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay,

Here is the deal I need to Clay.

To clay I am getting Quick Clay and Quick Detailer as it goes with the Clay.

Now I am going to run out of Quick Detailer before I run out of Quck Clay I have been told.

So I need to buy more Quick Detailer?

And I also need Speed Detailer?

Can I clay with Speed Detailer? With the Quick Clay?

As for the paste wax, I hate paste waxes. They are a pain to open. They sometimes have big chunks of pasty wax... When you begin to run out and get to the bottom it is a pain to get more wax on your applicator too.

I will be sticking with the liquid wax as I belive it will go on easier and come off easier. Besides, I just bought the Nxt Liquid Wax today, so I now have both Nxt Liquid and Nxt Spray. I am using the even coat applicator too and haven't had any trouble.

My plan will be to carry a Microfiber and Speed Detailer with me. If I get hit with bird droppings, I will pull out speed detailer and take care of it.

I will then use the body duster in the area and apply the Nxt Spray Wax as maintainence because bird droppings and speed detailer will obviously get rid of some protection. Still that is much better than the bird droppings being permanent. I have found that the Nxt Wax makes bird droppings, new tar, and bugs easy to remove.

I would like to thank Meguiar's for the Nxt Liquid and Spray Wax.
    Last edited by Jbirk; Aug 14, 2005, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Not sure which way to go so you got both.. A true enthusiast.

Next time you can try the GC first, NXT second or wash with just one every other time. You’ll soon decide on a favorite.

If you decide you like GC save the smaller dispenser bottle. You can refill it from the larger jugs. (If you stick with NXT save the empty GC bottle and give it to me . I need one. )

You can clay with Speed Detailer. I’ve done it but I can’t remember if it felt any different than Quik Detailer or not. I go through a lot of QD so my personal choice would be to get a gallon of #34 Final Inspection when you run out. It’s almost exactly like Quik Detailer.

PC.
      Last edited by the other pc; Aug 14, 2005, 03:04 PM.

Comment

It will be a long time before I have an empty Gold Class Wash bottle. The 16 oz actually appear as if they might go a long way.

As for Quick Detailer, you said that is a favorite. Can I use Quck Detailer to clean new spots such as bird droppings from my car if I use the Nxt Tech Wax Liquid?

I would really like to buy either the Quick Detailer or the Speed Detailer. I don't want to have to buy both, but I will if it is the best solution.

as for #34, I can't buy any professional products as nowhere around here sells them. Besides, I don't need 1 gal of it.

As for the Gold Class Bottle, I don't see why you would like an empty one. You can always buy another bottle or a 16 oz Gold Class. I will be happy to send it to you when I am done with it though...

Comment

Yes, Quik Detailer will work fine with NXT wax. All of Meguiar's products are designed to play together so you never have to worry about staying in one "family".

For bird bombs I also carry a sport-top water bottle. A good squirt of water will usually get most of it off so you don't have to rub as much with the towel and QD.

If you'd like to try any of Meguiar's pro products check out the dealer locator. It shows about a half dozen dealers in the Fallbrook/Vista/San Marcos area. If a dealer doesn't have what you want in stock they can order it fast.

PC.

Comment

I am okay I think.

I have the following in my collection:

Quick Clay & QD
            Quick Detailer... More
            NXT wash
            GC Car Wash
            Quick Wax (shine as you dry)
            Gold Class Carnuba Wax
            NXT Tech Wax Liquid
            NXT Tech Wax Spray
            Tar and Bug Remover
            PlastX
            ScratchX
            ColorX
            Deep Crystal #1
            Depp Cryastal #2

Body Duster
            Chenille Mitt
            Supper Plush Terry
            Water Magnet
            Supreme Shine Microfiber
            Even Coat applicator

Am I doing okay for a n00b? Do I need any more products? I am only washing my own cars and trusks not running a detail shop, so I don't see that I should buy anything in a 1 Gal container or from the Professional Side. Sure the Pro side is great if you are doing many cars and need a lot of product.

Anyway, I have only been doing this for about 2 weeks, but I have made excellent progress towards learning to detail; I think.

Thanks

Comment

Looks like you've got an excellent collection for general paint care and maintenance. It will serve you well.

Enjoy!

PC.

Comment

Sounds liek enough for now.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');