• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail

Background:
    2004 Java Black Pearl WRX bought in Oct 03
    Cleveland, OH so has went through winter and will go again, and I want to protect it now for this winter.

I want to detail my car before winter and I am looking to get a PC dual action buffer from Lowe's. With that I want to get the Velcro system from Meguiars w/ two polishing pads and a finishing pad.

I have some medium swirls on my Java Black Pearl WRX and I want to get rid of them. I thought about using #80, then #7, then NXT liquid wax. I would use pad 8006 for the first two, then 9006 for the NXT. Should I use the NXT or should I go w/ #21 to finish? And if you think #21 is the best LSP for me, pad 9006 will work right?

Also what should I use to buff off the polishes and wax? Can I go to Costco and get like a 100 pack of Microfiber towels and use them to buff off? Or should I get 3 of these bonnets to use to buff off?
    Last edited by IBAUCLAPlaya; Aug 14, 2005, 06:12 AM.

Anybody?

Comment

to MOL IBAUCLAPlaya!

Since you’ll be using the #80, which is a cleaner/polish, you may find that following up with #7 isn’t needed. #80 has a lot of polishing oils.

Yes the W9006 pad will work for either NXT and #21. I think you’ll find that either will work great for you. NXT is usually the choice for somebody doing their own cars because it comes in a smaller, less expensive size (a little goes a long way) and is readily available everywhere.

I think the Meguiar’s microfiber towels are better but the Costco towels are quite good. I tend to use my best towels for primary paint surfaces and others for doorjambs, interiors, trunks, pad cleaning, etc.

Microfiber towels work great for removing polishes and wax but since you’ll be using a PC you should get some bonnets. I think you’ll like them.

PC.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');