• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nxt topped with carnauba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nxt topped with carnauba

i topped my nxt tech wax with some carnauba wax and i liked the look of the nxt by itself better. do i have to remove all of the wax and start over or can i just put another layer of nxt on it?
    NA

Haha,

You could just wait a month or so and the carnuba should go away leaving the nxt (more durable) behind.

Or, if you must, you can stip all the wax.

To strip the wax, use a Cleaner such as Deep Crystal #1 I think that is what I am told is a cleaner.

You will want to double check before using that compound though.

Either way, if you strip all the wax you will need to re-wax with Nxt again.

I would just leave all the wax on your car and wait for it to disipate and next time use only nxt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbirk
      To strip the wax, use a Cleaner such as Deep Crystal #1 I think that is what I am told is a cleaner.

You will want to double check before using that compound though.

Not trying to be too technical here, but DC#1 is far from being a compound. It is a very mild, non abrasive paint cleaner.

It is a good choice for someone wanting to strip their wax protection and start over, as well as removing light contamination too.

This non-abrasive paint cleaner has been improved to deliver even stronger performance with no chemical odor. It safely removes road grime, surface contamination, light oxidation, swirls and light scratches to restore damaged and dull finishes. Prepares all paint finishes for polishing and waxing. For most effective cleaning, use with our Even-Coat Applicator and remove excess product with a Supreme Shine Microfiber or Ultra Plush Super Terry.
      r. b.

Comment

Okay, sorry my mistake.

Not a compound but a safe cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbirk
          Okay, sorry my mistake.

Not a compound but a safe cleaner.
          Outside of A-12 Cleaner Wax (In the red bottle), it's about the mildest paint cleaner they have.

Does a great job though.
          r. b.

Comment

Yeah, compounds are competly different from the paint cleaners Meguiars makes.

A-12
            DC#1
            ColorX
            ScratchX
            MPPC
            Swirl Remover
            #80, #83
            (I know I missed some)

are all completly safe paint cleaners.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

#82, #1, #2, #4 and others.
              r. b.

Comment

since NXT has very milds cleaners...perhaps two coats of NXT on top of carnuba may remove it... also a relatively strong cleaning solution of an APC & water may remove the carnuba wax as well.... try a test spot and see if you like the look...

Comment

Incidently, the wax that is on top gives most of the look in my opinion. Maybe just top it with another coat of Nxt.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

how can you really tell that the wax really bonded to the nxt?

Comment

Hey,

If a person wants to start over in order to remove a carnuaba topper, I would suggest using Meguiar's #9 Swirl Remover. My rationale is that since the paint finish has already been completed, swirls removed etc and that only a repacement of a Last Step Product is to be changed, using a mild product like #9 is all that is needed. The bonus is that #9 will also add some depth while cleaning the paint before topping with the 2 coats of NXT Tech Wax.

Tim
                      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

i had my car polished and followed by tech wax...but i found that it wasn't shiny or have the wet look effect..so i asked the professionals and on the spot, they topped another carnuba layer on it..and instantly it has the showroom car effect, wet look, shiny..just like a mirror..

the professionals there said it is common to put carnuba on top of tech wax for showroom effect.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');