• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paging Mike Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paging Mike Phillips

I want to apply NXT to a car that has Carnauba wax on it. Will the cleaners in the NXT remove the wax or do I need to use something to get it off. If NXT won't remove it what do you recommend.

Also will # 80 work well by hand if not what would you recommend for working small area by hand.

Thanks R Piper
    Black Bart

Re: Paging Mike Phillips

Originally posted by Black Bart
    I want to apply NXT to a car that has Carnauba wax on it. Will the cleaners in the NXT remove the wax or do I need to use something to get it off. If NXT won't remove it what do you recommend.
    The cleaning ability of NXT is pretty light, but if you apply it and work it in well over the surface it should remove any Carnauba wax sitting on the surface. How old is the last coat of Carnauba wax you applied?

Remember, part of a products cleaning ability comes from the applicator material and the process or action used to apply the product. For less cleaning power for any product, use a soft, clean foam applicator and a gentle touch. It increase the cleaning ability of any product, use a fiber applicator and put some passion behind the pad.

Also will # 80 work well by hand if not what would you recommend for working small area by hand.

Thanks R Piper
    Just a little more information...

Will M80 Speed Glaze work well for what when applied by hand?

To remove swirls out of a clear coat? No.
    To polish the paint and make it look deeper, more clear and glossier? Yes.

If you want to remove swirls and scratches, then pick up a tube of ScratchX and read the below articles.

What it Means to Remove a Scratch

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

How To Remove Swirls By Hand
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike sorry for not being more clear about the 80.
      I was talking about removing the wax. Sounds like the best bet is to use the 80 by hand or with fine pad on pc then apply my NXT. Paint is good I just wanted to get the wax off before applying the NXT
      Black Bart

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');