• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Company run Meguiar's detail shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company run Meguiar's detail shop

does any one else have one in their area? I got a postcard a few weeks ago about one that opened by me, but have only driven by when they're closed.

Since my weekends seem to be busier and busier I'm tempted to take my new-used car to them the first time and just maintain it myself after that.

Just curious.

At this time there is only one Meguiar's owned detail shop and it's located in Lake Forest, CA
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

guess I won't be getting any answers then. any insight Mike? were they trained by you? if so I wouldn't hesitate to take my car there.

Comment

Originally posted by gone2vegas
        guess I won't be getting any answers then. any insight Mike? were they trained by you? if so I wouldn't hesitate to take my car there.
        I'm not sure who did all of the training of our detailers that work there but I'm sure it was a combination of our most experienced detailers on staff plus training with our Director of Training, Mike Pennington. I've only heard great things about the quality of work they turn out.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

hmmm might have to give them a try and post a report

Comment

A detail shop?!?!? I hope it is just a place for Meguiars to try out new products and to keep Meguiars in the loop.

I would hate for Meguiars to switch from my product supplier to a competitor! If that were to happen I would drop Meguiars quicker than a bad habit.

Are there plans for Meguiars to open additional shops?
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I buy a lot of my stuff from their detail center. Have seen their work first hand. First class. All employee's there seemed knowledgeable and very nice, polite, and informative. I would check them out.

Comment

So there is actually a store I can visit too where they have all the megs stuff?

whoa! what's the info for this place??

Comment

You sound like you are in good hands. Having a Meguiar's Detail Shop would be great assuming the employees (detailers) are Meguiar's trained.

I mean, Meguiar's could actually tech a long class and give everyone hands on experience. That is the only way in my opinion to have the best employees.

It is actually really simple. You start a paint shop... and paint large pieces of metal clearcoat and all... put them away for say 90 to 120 days and make a few more often.

Then all the student's can practice away without working on real cars or Meguiar's having to pay hundreds of dollars to paint things to practice on. These practice materials could be cleverly scratched, swirled, oxidized with some chemicals, and have nasty things intentionally bonded to the paint...

It would really make the best employees.

I know if I had a Meguiar's Detail Center in my area, I would be willing to pay about $600 to $900 per car to have a professional do a superb job.

Comment

Sent my lazy budy to the Meguairs Detail shop in Lake Forest with his brand new black BMW and he was very happy. I think he paid $150 for a complete detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
                      Sent my lazy budy to the Meguairs Detail shop in Lake Forest with his brand new black BMW and he was very happy. I think he paid $150 for a complete detail.
                      can you give me the address to this place?

Comment

22512 ASPAN STREET, LAKE FOREST, CA 92630

Phone: (949) 770-4929

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                          A detail shop?!?!? I hope it is just a place for Meguiars to try out new products and to keep Meguiars in the loop.

I would hate for Meguiars to switch from my product supplier to a competitor! If that were to happen I would drop Meguiars quicker than a bad habit.

Are there plans for Meguiars to open additional shops?
                          I've seen your work and I doubt your customers would leave you. Also, there are sooo many cars in SoCal that I don't think a few shops are going to hurt your business. Meguiar's also does Detail Days every weekend to teach people how to detail their own cars, but that hasn't hurt business has it?

Not to stir the pot, but I also noticed 2 gas station/car washes in my area that are Meguiar's trained or something like that. They had the Detailer's line banner in their bay.

Knowing what I know about Meguiar's, I'm glad they are getting their name and products out there. Of course, I don't detail for a living so...

Comment

Originally posted by Lt1Corvette
                            I buy a lot of my stuff from their detail center. Have seen their work first hand. First class. All employee's there seemed knowledgeable and very nice, polite, and informative. I would check them out.
                            Hey Joe,
                            How well are they stocked on the Meguiars professional products. Do they sell product like #80/#83 in gallon sizes? do they sell buffing pads. How about stuff from the detail line, like APC?
                            -Bob
                            NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                              ... I hope it is just a place for Meguiars to try out new products and to keep Meguiars in the loop.

I would hate for Meguiars to switch from my product supplier to a competitor! ...
                              I'm just speculating here but I would think it's intended for training, R&D and hands-on activities that require "real world" experience to learn from.

It's got a really low profile and they don't appear to be advertising anywhere. You kind of just have to "know about it". Meguiar's has been serving finish care professionals for many decades. I can't imagine they'd want to compete with their customers.

PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');