• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with ColorRX and NXT wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with ColorRX and NXT wax

Hi everyone..
    This is my first post here, but i have been using Meguiar's products since i bought my first car.
    Yesterday i decided to go out and buy the new NXT paste.
    Well i had 1 fender on my car that was pretty dull, the rest of the car was fine. So i used the Color RX on that fender and decided to do the rest of the car with the NXT while the ColorRX dried.
    Well after removing the Color RX i realized how well the fender looked, and that i should have done the whole car with ColorRX before doing the NXT.
    Now here's my question...
    Do i need to use a wax cleaner if i want to redo the whole car with ColorRX, then NXT??
    Or i can just use the ColorRX over the 1 coat of NXT i just put on last night. followed by another coat of NXT.
    My car is red,, so the colorRX worked very well..

Re: Need help with ColorX and NXT wax

Originally posted by delavoie
    Hi everyone..
    This is my first post here, but i have been using Meguiar's products since i bought my first car.
    Hi delavoie,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Now here's my question...

Do i need to use a wax cleaner if i want to redo the whole car with ColorX, then NXT?
    No.

Or i can just use the ColorX over the 1 coat of NXT i just put on last night followed by another coat of NXT.

My car is red,, so the ColorX worked very well..
    Yes. Simply apply the ColorX right over everything you've already applied. ColorX is a strong cleaner/wax, it will remove the NXT Tech Wax. Work this product well as part of the cleaning results come from the product while another part comes from you and the passion you put behind the pad. After removing all of the ColorX then apply one to two coats of the NXT Tech Wax.

Check out this thread...

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

Here's another you might want to read...

Circles or Straight Lines?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Perfect,
      Thanks alot Mike.
      I will try that as soon as i get home!

Comment

It'll be ok if you wash the car, and then ColorX the whole car, and then use the Nxt wax. ColorX is a good paint cleaner, so it will do good.

If you havent clayed a car before, you might also consider:

Wash
        Clay
        ColorX
        Nxt

The clay gives very good results, espeacialy if you are finding your paint feels rough, has some contaminants on it.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');