• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spot on roof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spot on roof

OK, Sunday after washing & drying my car was going to get ready to give it the full detail I noticed a small spot on the roof. The spot looks like some bird stuff that dried out, I know its not it thats just the best way to describe it. I felt the spot and didn't feel anything so I got out the clay bar and nothing spot still there, got out the DC cleaner again spot still there. Any ideas on how to get this spot out?

Thanks NOISER

Hey,

Do you have a picture of the spot? What year is the car? What is the paint's condition overall?

Assuming that it is some kind of stain or etching, I would suggest trying Meguiar's ScratchX. Here is a tutorial on how to use the product properly:

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Give that a try and post back!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
      Hey,

Do you have a picture of the spot? What year is the car? What is the paint's condition overall?

Assuming that it is some kind of stain or etching, I would suggest trying Meguiar's ScratchX. Here is a tutorial on how to use the product properly:

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Give that a try and post back!

Tim
      Tim,
      I tried to take a picture of the spot, in the picture you can't see it. The is a 2005 Acura TL, paint condition is excellent being brand new. The color is anthracite dark silverish. I'll give the ScratchX a try tonight when I get home. I'll also do a search on the spots and see if i see something similar to my spot.

Thanks NOISER

Comment

If one or two well-worked-in applications of ScratchX don't show any improvement, then the defect could be to far into the paint to remove and you may have to learn to live with it or repaint the area.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
          If one or two well-worked-in applications of ScratchX don't show any improvement, then the defect could be to far into the paint to remove and you may have to learn to live with it or repaint the area.
          Tim, Mike

OK tried the ScratchX and it worked. At first it didn't take it out then I came back and read the link Tim gave. Using alittle arm muscle I was able to get that spot out. Took 3 tries.

Thanks guys, NOISER

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');