• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing with G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing with G-100

Hello all,

I saw a thread the other day about applying/removing polish/sealer/wax with a DA.

I'm a bit confused, the thread appeared to say that you can apply with the machine but better to remove by hand.

Have I picked this up wrong or is it a case of apply by machine, remove by hand then polish by machine with a W9006 bonnet over a 7006 pad?

Thanks
    Bryan

Cleaners, cleaner/polishes, polishes and glazes should be removed before they dry and leave a fair amount of residue. They tend to load up a cloth very quickly when you remove them. Bonnets for the G-100 don’t have a lot of surface area so they would load up much too quickly. Since you remove these products wet you’ll also wet the pad beneath the bonnet. This will tend to reduce the effectiveness of removal. Towels work better for removal. They have more surface area and are quicker/easier to swap as they become wet/loaded/less effective.

Waxes should be applied very thin and leave a fine dry residue. They don’t tend to load up a bonnet nearly as much. Since the residue is dry it won’t soak into the pad either.

So after a wash and clay a typical G-100 session might go something like:

* Work #80 Speed Glaze in small sections with a W8006 polishing pad.

* Remove #80 from each section with Supreme Shine microfiber towels before doing the next section.

* Apply NXT Tech Wax with a W9006 finishing pad.

* Let dry till swipe test.

* Remove with an X4003 Gold Class microfiber bonnet over a foam pad. (W7006 cutting pad works best for removal but a W8006 pad works OK.)

PC.

Comment

Hello PC,

Thanks for that, you obviously know the thread I have in mind, now I know, thanks again

Bryan

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');