• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query about wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query about wax

What is the difference between Tech Wax and Spray Wax? Is the spray wax like the mothers spray wax that the valeter that did my car the other week applied to my car when it was wet? Do I just need two microfibre cloths, one to apply and one to buff off the excess.

The liquid or paste version of the wax is meant to be used after pre-wax polishing and surface prep. The NXT Spray Wax is meant to be used as maintenance, you can apply it when the surface is either wet or dry. If you use it while the surface is wet, you can just go about one or two sprays per panel and continue to dry the vehicle with either a WW or microfiber drying cloth. If you apply it while dry, you can use the Even Coat Applicator, a foam applicator, or even a microfiber cloth. Wait for it to haze, then remove with a a clean microfiber cloth.

Comment

Re: Query about wax

Originally posted by Russell
      What is the difference between Tech Wax and Spray Wax? Is the spray wax like the mothers spray wax that the valeter that did my car the other week applied to my car when it was wet? Do I just need two microfiber cloths, one to apply and one to buff off the excess.
      Hi Russell,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Just to add to what Travis wrote,

Meguiar's spray waxes are just thin waxes so that you can apply by spraying them using a trigger sprayer. They are meant to be used to maintain, or boost the wax protection you have already applied. Before using a spray-on wax your car's paint should either be brand new or if it's older, it needs to be pre-cleaned and polished so that it is like brand new, and already have a good coat of a normal wax on it.

Meguiar's spray waxes are not intended to be used as stand-alone products but instead used on a car that has already been waxed with a normal coating of either paste or liquid wax.

A spray wax is a product designed to enable you to make your car look like you just applied and wiped off a normal coat of wax but without taking as much time.

Getting goo results with a spray on wax is a matter of using the right technique, here are two threads that discuss this...

Using Meguiar's Even Coat Applicator to apply NXT Spray Wax

How To Get Great Results With Meguiar's Spray Wax!
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');