• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Nxt Glass Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats exactly how i tried using it, as i only spray the foam type glass cleaner(stoners) directly on the glass, cause it doesnt run/drip etc..
    "that car is dirty"

Comment

Old 100% cotton sheets or newspaper is the best thing to clean windows with. MF are not necessary IMHO. Those are better left for paint.

RamAirV1
      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Aww Cripes now! Just when I thought I had everything I needed to fulfill my detailing needs and now you guys are raving about this product now (NXT Glass Cleaner). I use (perhaps used now) Stoners IG and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. NOW I gotta go and try this stuff out. I wonder how much Meg's Sales increased since this MOL Started? LOL Because I know I am after something of theirs after reading about it on here. Sorry, I am very weak I guess. LOL
        Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

Tommorw I will pick some up even if I have to visit half a dozen stores in Temecula, CA!

I was going to get some today but didn't get off work until 5 pm because the Director of Information Systems wants all kinds of projects done and solutions found, so we ended up doing a huge project at work.

Re-Imaged 30 computers with XP and had a BS 2 hour long meeting discussing replacement computers for a lab.

Comment

Okay, I left work 1 hour early and went to Walmart, but they didn't have it.

While there I picked up a Rain-X wipe and also some Rain-X anti-fog for inside (haven't tried either yet)

I went to Autozone in Temecula, didn't have Nxt Glass Cleaner either. They offered Eagle 20/20 said, "it is just as good"

I know Invisible Gass is better than 20/20, and this forum says Nxt is even better, so I declined the offer. At this point I was getting a bit Ticked off! I mean Meguiars is a big name and they have products everywhere but I was going crazy that I couldn't get glass cleaner!

I went to Target in Temecula, CA and found one bottle on the shelf. By one bottle, I mean the absolute last bottle on the shelf. They had lots of the other kinds. I got it

Finally the 7th place I went to that sells glass cleaner had it!

I picked up some Microfiber Towels for Glass too. I figuere if I make the leap from paper towels to microfiber and a superior glass cleaner all at once I would be amazed. The Microfiber wasn't Meguiar's, but hey I figure why not give it a try better than paper.

So, I went home and cleaned my windows like normal with papertowels. Then I cleaned again with Nxt Glass Cleaner exactly how instructed too on the bottle flip the microfiber over and dry... I did the inside and out and have fantastic looking windows!!!

That stuff really is the best glass cleaner I have ever used! Invisible glass is stronger at disolving bugs... but Nxt leaves a streak free quality clean window superior to Invisible Glass! I thought I was unable to clean some spots, but when I cleaned the inside turns out there was some nasty stuff on the inside too. I probably sneezed or something.

I finished off with Rain-X (on the outside) and buffed it off, then buffed it off again to make sure I got all of it.

I have the best looking windows I have ever had. I think when it was new the windshild was not this clean. I do have some swirls in my windows though, so maybe I should polish next time.

What do you think?

Comment

I never had much luck with the Anti-Fog, It always made my windows look like a bunch of fat sweaty guys smoking huge cigars had an all-night poker party in there.
              Don
              12/27/2015
              "Darth Camaro"
              2013 Camaro ... triple black
              323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Okay, well I have 25 wipes, so I shall experiment in the comming weeks.

I am thinking of using some of them and then when done going over it with a dry microfiber to make sure I get all the left over stuff.

If worst comes to worst, I will just pull out the glass cleaner and clean the Anti-Fog stuff off the inside and throw it out.

How is Rain-X Glass Treatment on the outside? Does it work? I found it easy to use and remove, but the applicator likes to put too much on. Either way it is convinient.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbirk

How is Rain-X Glass Treatment on the outside? Does it work? I found it easy to use and remove, but the applicator likes to put too much on. Either way it is convinient.
                  I have the spray bottle of Rain-X and I use a folded paper towel to apply it. That way I control how much goes on.
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

I bought the yellow thing with the applicator already on it.

It was difficult to control how much because too much goes on witht eh bottle always open on the applicator.

However, I did my best to control it and it seemed to work okay.

Haven't tested it yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');