• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which bonnets to use.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which bonnets to use.

Hey guys gonna attack my hood this weekend with my orbital. Which bonnet?
    I have a terry cloth one and a simulated wool one. Plus my wif is making me a MF one out of a Megs MF towel!!

Ordered #80 so which bonnet do I use with # 83 then # 80??
    Plan on using NXT paste by hand.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kelly
    MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Re: Which bonnets to use.

Originally posted by kellyinkc
    Hey guys gonna attack my hood this weekend with my orbital. Which bonnet?
    I have a terry cloth one and a simulated wool one. Plus my wif is making me a MF one out of a Megs MF towel!!

Ordered #80 so which bonnet do I use with # 83 then # 80??
    Plan on using NXT paste by hand.

Thanks in advance!!!

Kelly
    I doubt that I would use the wool pad at all......for any purpose as far as that goes.

The terry bonnet would be better suited for #80, but they do make the pull over foam type that would work better than the terry kind. Meguiars sells them, or you can find them at Auto Zone, Advance, etc.

You might be hard pressed to break down the diminishing abrasives in #83 with an orbital. But if you do try it, then you will need to give the machine some extra buffing time.

Sorry if my post sounds discouraging, but the 80's series of products work better with a G-100.

I used to use an orbital myself, so you never know what will happen until you try though. Be sure to post back with your results.
    r. b.

Comment

Hey Kelly,

Yes the G100 will work better, but if the orbital is what you have at the moment, let's make the best of it! Meguiar's now offers the Gold Class Microfiber Bonnets for 9-10" orbitals and the 11" orbital.

the 9-10" part number X4009
      the 11" X-4011

Meg's also offers a Gold Class Foam Finishing Bonnet designed for applying polishes and waxes with a orbital buffer.

X-4008 Foam Finishing Bonnet for 9-10" orbitals!

The above should help until you are able to buy a G100!

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks guys!! The orb I have is a 7-inch Craftsman. The specs say 3800 random orbs per min. Will look for foam bonnets.
        Saving $ for G-100!! But gas is getting up there.

Tim, BTW I think Ford ought to drop that V-10 in a Mustang.

Kelly
        MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');