• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ScratchX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScratchX

Hey guys I was wondering would a tube of ScratchX be enough to clean the entire car?

it'll last u forever.... my first tube is still half full and i detail my car like every 3 weeks or so and the tube is like 2 years old...

Comment

How big is your car? I wouldn't suggest using Sctratch X on the entire car just because it would take so long to do. Try the Sctratch X for spot cleaning then use something like Deep Crystal Step 1 Paint Cleaner for the entire car

Comment

It kind of depends on what you're trying to do...

If you're trying to give the paint a light cleaning to insure any surface contaminants, staining, oxidation and general cleanliness is achieved, then one tube of ScratchX will be sufficient for applying over the entire car with one application worked-in well.

If however you're trying to remove gross swirls like you see below, then it's going to take multiple applications working small areas at a time and depending on how large the car is you may need 1-2, possibly 3 tubes.

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Well my entire car doesnt need it but i was just wondering. Does ScratchX remove wax entirely or just a little? and can it be overlapped, as in after i DC#1 the entire car for those tougher swirls can i use ScratchX over the DC#1 application?

Comment

be best to use it before dc1

Comment

Originally posted by LT22
              Well my entire car doesn't need it but i was just wondering. Does ScratchX remove wax entirely or just a little? and can it be overlapped, as in after i DC#1 the entire car for those tougher swirls can i use ScratchX over the DC#1 application?
              ScratchX will remove most/all of the wax on the finish with emphasis on the word all.

Paint cleaners don't build up, so the word overlap or layer doesn't really apply to these types of products.

You can use ScratchX after the DC! or before it for worse areas.

Remember, wipe on, work-in and against the finish, then wipe off. Paint cleaners do not need to dry before removing.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

So does that mean ScratchX fills in the swirls/scratches better than DC#1?

Comment

scratch x does not fill in the paint but evens the paint out. and using dc 1 would be a lot easier since it can be applied via buffer which can speed up the process a lot. oh and mike, whos mercedes is that? looks like a 94/95 e320.... my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by LnkPrkSoldier
                    oh and mike, who's Mercedes is that? looks like a 94/95 e320.... my guess.
                    The green Mercedes-Benz belongs to a gentleman by the name of Tom, he is I believe the President of the San Diego Mercedes-Benz club.
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

So the big difference between ScratchX and DC#1 is the cleaning ability? They both contribute the same amout of swirl/scratch removal?

Comment

DC #1 is a paint cleaner.

ScratchX is sort of a Polish/Cleaner (I think it is both) It will even the paint out though! It has dimmenishing abrasives. It is quite safe when applied correctly by hand.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');