• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question

I've just had my car resprayed and want some advice on which products to use.

I use the car every day so it picks up some everyday dirt, but I also take it to shows in the summer (I have one on sunday).

In my garage at the moment I have cleaner wax (both paste and liquid), carnauba wax, paint cleaner, show car glaze and quick detailer.

I'm yet to do anything to the paint other than wash it with NXT shampoo since getting it back from the bodyshop at the begining of august so it'll be the first time it's had any proper treatment.

So how can I make her look her best on sunday using what I have?

Hi Jay,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

If you paint is considered fresh paint, as in sprayed less than 30 days, then you want to stick with products that are safe for use on fresh paint. For now, skip the wax and go with the #7 Show Car Glaze.

After washing, or wiping down with the Quik Detailer, apply a thin coat of the #7 and then remove gently with your best/softest polishing cloths. After removing all of the #7, if possible, pull the car out into the sun and re-inspect for any smears you might have missed and wipe these off carefully. #7 is very rich in polishing oils and sometimes you need to inspect each panel in different light settings to insure you've removed it all and left an uniform appearance.

Two things to remember when using a pure polish like #7 and that is a thin coat is all that's required, apply it and work it into the finish like you would a skin lotion to your skin and then remove any excess. Pure polishes don't need to dry and shouldn't be allowed to dry, simply apply, work in, then remove.

What kind of car are you working on?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Here's a pic of my car....

It's a 1999 Ford Fiesta

Comment

Photos larger than 700 pixels are to big for anyone to see on their monitor so I downloaded your picture, resized it to 600 pixels, uploaded it into you gallery and then deleted your photo and inserted the smaller one everyone can see it on their monitor.

Here's your gallery,

Here's how to work with photos in discussion forums.

How to put pictures into your posts

Have fun at the show...
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

sorry boss

I'll try

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_UKFN
            sorry boss

I'll try
            No need to apologize

Happens all the time... people post huge photos of their car but anytime you have to horizontal scroll to see the picture, as new portions of the car are showing up on your screen, other portions are disappearing, thus you cannot see the entire car.

I had to learn how to work with photos and I like to share with others how they can work with them too...

Your car looks great and the #7 will get it show-ready!
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Nice looking car Jay

Are those Nissan Primera Xenon lights you have there? Love the paint colour is it Irredescent?

Rob

PS Welcome to MOL

Comment

They are indeed Nissan Primera headlights

They're not Xenon's though.......yet!

The paint is a Piaggio colour off a moped. The paint is predominantly made up of purple and blue pearls which means it takes a lot to get it to cover.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');