• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me Please....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me Please....???

I am looking for the Meguiars clay bar...where do I find it??? Please help.

Re: Help me Please....???

Originally posted by oldschl
    This should help you to find a dealer in your area...

r. b.

Comment

Re: Help me Please....???

If you are looking for the Meguiar's "Quik Clay", you should be able to find it in almost any automotive store. Even some of the "Mart" stores handle them.

If you are looking for the professional clay, use the link that Rusty gave you to find a dealer that handles the professional line of products.
      Boss_429

Comment

What is the difference from "Professional grade" versus the other type? And is that little bar, cut into three pieces going to do three cars? Thanks for the info....

Comment

Hey,

The consumer Quik Clay is all that most people will need. Yes, if the bar is cut into three pieces, you should get a minimum of three cars assuming that you do not drop it. If you do, it must be discarded.

The Professional Series offers two grades: Mild or Aggressive. The mild is slightly more aggressive than the Quik Clay and comes in a 200g bar. The Aggressive clay is mostly used in Body Shops where the detailer will follow the claying with machine buffing as the aggressive clay can cause light marring.

Here are links to Meguiar's Online for both clays:

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

o.k., thanks. I want to buy the Meguirs, and I've looked at my local auto stores listed in the link provided. Either they are sold out or they don't carry it, because I haven't seen it. I can find the Mothers version...and I'm tempted to buy it. I am spending more time running and not enough time detailing. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

Some have said that Mother's clay works ok.

If that's all you can find, then go for it. I'd rather use Mother's clay, than to use no clay at all.
              r. b.

Comment

Any suggestions? Thanks.
                If you cannot find it locally then you can either opt to order online or use what you can find. We've had a hard time getting our Quik Clay System on as many shelves as we would like to be we're always working on adding more stores.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

While you are at it, try to get Nxt Glass Cleaner on more shelves. I had to visit 7 stores before I found it!

When I did it was the last bottle. I am glad I got it in time.

Comment

So, when I clay...do I go in crcular motion with it or straight lines? Also, afterwards do I use polish then NXT or NXT wax then polish? I'll get it right sooner or later. Thanks everyone.

Comment

So, when I clay...do I go in circular motion with it or straight lines? Also, afterwards do I use polish then NXT or NXT wax then polish? I'll get it right sooner or later. Thanks everyone.
                      It shouldn't matter which direction you use your hand it's more of a personal preference.

Read these two threads...

Circles or Straight Lines?

Follow the order in this thread...

How To Remove Swirls By Hand
                      Mike Phillips
                      760-515-0444
                      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');