• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bugging me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugging me!

I hope someone can provide me with some advice.

Basically I am having problems removing bugs on my car. The car hadn't been washed for a few weeks due to a hectic schedule with work. We have had a lot of hot weather lately so the bugs seem to have been caked into the bodywork with the sun.

I have tried my best to remove them (mainly on the front bumper and front of wing mirrors). I used bug wipes, bug removal spray, Scratch X, T-Cut, hot water on paper towels and a lot of washing. It got most of them off but there is still quite a few on the bumper and wing mirrors that appear to be bleached into the laquer (if that is possible?!).

The marks can only be seen by looking at the panels sideways (appear as grey marks) in the sun. If you look at them full on when the sun isn't out, they can't be seen at all. Its very possible that they are bugs had been there sometime ago and I had waxed over them not realising they were there DOH!

I am frightened to use too much T-Cut. This did get a couple of the marks out but I didn't want to be applying it to the whole bumper. Scratch X didn't work very well.

What should I do? Should I take my car to a good bodyshop to see if they can be polished out? I have heard about the clay bar, might that be an option?

clay bar with qd should take them all out no problem.... but the bug guts might have been acidic causing etching on paint so u might have to do a bit of scratch x with a terry cloth afterwards

Comment

Thats a good point about the acidic etching
      The scratch x was taking a lot of work, and with the bumper being so low down it isn't an easy place to work with.

I will go buy a clay bar and qd first thing tomorrow.

BTW, I'm loving NXT wax big fan.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');