• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cleaning glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning glass

What does everyone use to clean the inside of their glass? And, is there anything to use to stop fogging?

TIA
    Andy
    101impala
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

I use NXT Glass Cleaner... I love the stuff. However, it won't stop the "fogging".

I believe RainX makes a product that is supposed to stop fogging. I haven't used it, so I can't say that it works.
    Boss_429

Comment

Hey Andy,

Yep...I agree with Boss, the NXT Glass Cleaner is awesome!!!!

I have used the Rain-X Anti-Fog that Boss refers to. To be honest, I hated it. It always left a smeary look to the glass, especially at night from the headlights of on-coming traffic! Plus, it really did not work that well either. If you find something that does work, please let me know as I want to use it as well.

Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I like two products.

1. Stonner Invisible Glass
        2. Meguiar's NXT Generation Glass Cleaner

My favorite is the NXT Generation Glass Cleaner as I belive it leaves a cleaner end result without any haze or streaking.

The trick is to spray it onto the glass then use a Microfiber to quickly spread it and remove the contamination. You then flip the Micro Fiber over and dry it completely.

You are left with perfect glass when you do this technique.

Comment

Where can I get a lot of MicroFibers say 5 or more at a decent price?

Comment

http://meguiars.com/estore/product_d...ne-Microfiber-(Five-Pack)&sku=X2030&sectionID=27101

ordered these like last week.. LOVE THEM!
            rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford

I have used the Rain-X Anti-Fog that Boss refers to. To be honest, I hated it. It always left a smeary look to the glass, especially at night from the headlights of on-coming traffic! Plus, it really did not work that well either. If you find something that does work, please let me know as I want to use it as well.

Tim [/B]
              Same here Tim, Used the Anti-Fog several times to give it an honest try. Don;t know where the bottle went and don't care. I'll never touch it again.
              Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

I bought the NXT Glass Cleaner over the weekend because I heard so much about it. They had it at Pep Boys.

I use to use (please notice the Past Tense) Stonner's Invisible Glass. But since using the NXT Glass Cleaner, I will use this as my first choice for now on. Invisible Glass is second without a doubt in my book.
                Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

well i have not tried NTX glass cleaner yet. i have been using sprayway glass cleaner (arisol can). I had nothing but good luck with this brand, cleans foggy windows like a breeze, especially cigarette smoke filled windows, but with all these good replies on NTX glass cleaner i think i will give it try........

Comment

Hey Fatboyz,

Seriously, you will love the NXT Glass Cleaner!!! I have all kinds of glass cleaners and none have performed as well the NXT.

Tim
                    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I agree with the rest... NXt glass cleaner is #1!

NXT is a step over Stoners IG but yes it too is still a good product.
                      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Nxt Glass Cleaner is #1, Invisible Glass is #2 Both are great, but get Nxt if you can!!!

I promise you will like it.

Comment

But the whole "it smells great" deal isn't very true. i don't think it smells as good as some make it out to be. i guess it is the best smellling GLASS cleaner out.
                          rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

It has a nice smell. Sure it is a strong smell and it isn't really a fruit you have smelled before, but for what it's worth it smells better than alcohol or ammonia.

Comment

I haven't tried NXT but I tried Stoner's and a product I've used for years called Gunk Foaming Glass Cleaner, kind of a milder version of Stoners.

I use crumpled newspaper inside and out unless there is a tint film. I do this weekly and never had problems with fogging, even in winter.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');