• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I use for Last Step product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I use for Last Step product?

Well, it's September and soon it will be getting a bit too cold to wax the car. I plan on doing a final wax, that I hope will last me throughout most of the winter.

After I wash and prepare the car's surface, I'd like to know what I should put down for maximum winter, wax protection.

Would it be proper to put down a layer of Carnauba-based wax, followed by the NXT Tech wax?

OR

Should I put down the NXT Tech wax first, followed by a Carnauba-based wax?

I know that whatever my "last step" product is, it cannot have much, or, any cleaner in it, for fear of removing the wax I just put on.

I read somewhere that NXT "bonds" to paint, while Carnauba-based products "lay" on the paint, forming a "shield" or "blanket" on top of the paint.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by adreed24; Sep 10, 2005, 08:06 PM.

i think nxt over carnauba because nxt last longer so after the carnauba wears out the nxt would still be there for a little longer

Comment

Re: What should I use for Last Step product?

Originally posted by adreed24

Would it be proper to put down a layer of Carnauba-based wax, followed by the NXT Tech wax?

OR

Should I put down the NXT Tech wax first, followed by a Carnauba-based wax?

I would put the carnauba wax on AFTER the NXT. NXT would probably remove some, or all of the carnauba wax if you went the other way around. Of course, if the carnauba wax you choose has considerable cleaning ability, it might remove some of the NXT underneath.

In theory, putting the carnauba on top of the NXT may help protect the NXT layer which in turn provides the better protection... in theory... who knows?

You could also apply two coats of NXT a few hours apart, and skip the carnauba altogether. Then, if you get a nice day or two during the winter, you could simply apply another coat of NXT.
      Boss_429

Comment

I say just go with #21.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

#21 topped with #16
          95nissan

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');