• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fine Cut Cleaner or Compound-Which one and when to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fine Cut Cleaner or Compound-Which one and when to use?

As far as compounds I'm a little scared to use them with my Porta Cable machine.My question is what are the differences between the Fine Cut Cleaners and the Compounds that Maguiars offers.My fear is that the clear coat will be removed and some/alot of paint will be removed.Thanks Joe

Hi Joe,

Firstly, welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Secondly, when using a DA, the strongest product recommended is #83 Dual Action Cleaner Polish.

The other products like #85, #84, #1, and #4 are for rotary buffers only. The newest version of #2 Fine Cut Cleaner can be used with the DA. Check the back of the bottle. If it says, for rotary, DA, Orbital or by hand, you have the new version. The older version of #2 is again for rotary use only.

The 80 series of products were designed with BC/CC paint in mind. The #1, and #4 were designed for traditional single stage paint though they still work extremely well with the BC/CC paint.

So again, in order to obtain the best results with the DA polisher, do not exceed #83 and a W-8006 Polishing pad.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');