• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Spray Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Spray Wax

Everytime i use the spray wax, it takes FOREVER [as in 6-8 hours in 80 degree weather, 50% humidity, in the shade]... am i doing something wrong? I shake the bottle vigourously before i use it, and the car is always thouroughly washed before had.
    BTW, I've already got a base coat of paste NXT on my car, so i dunno why this "booster" isnt hazing the way I think it should.
    1995 Toyota Corolla
    I4 1.6L 4spd Auto

and yes, i use the swipe test.
    1995 Toyota Corolla
    I4 1.6L 4spd Auto

Comment

When products take 6-8 hours to dry, it is usualy because they have been applied too thckly. The spray wax really goes on in a thinner layer than a regular coat of wax.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
        When products take 6-8 hours to dry, it is usualy because they have been applied too thckly. The spray wax really goes on in a thinner layer than a regular coat of wax.
        Exactly! Especially in high humidity, you need to apply the Spray Booster Wax in a coat so thin that you can barely see it! Otherwise, it is too heavy and will streak when you remove it, even if it passes the swipe test. If the humidity is high you should probably just apply another coat of the paste wax instead. The NXT paste does not seem to be affected by high humidity.

When the humidity is not as high, you can get away with applying a slightly heavier coat of the Spray Booster Wax, but not when it is humid out.

As an example, a quarter of a trigger pull is enough to put on a yellow foam Gold Class Applicator Pad. Any more than that is too much.

RamAirV1
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

i know of quite a few people who've had nothing but trouble with this, we've all found its actually quicker to spray it onto an applicator pad and do it that way.

but then if your doing it that way you might aswell just use the Paste version

Comment

I only have problems in the evenings if it is damp.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

wow, a quarter trigger pull?

k, ill try it!

thx guys
              1995 Toyota Corolla
              I4 1.6L 4spd Auto

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');