• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

applying dc 1 and dc 2 technique?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• applying dc 1 and dc 2 technique?

What is the correct way to apply dc 1 and dc 2? Directions say not to let it dry and to wipe immediately but what does it mean exactly? When I was waxing, I swirled my way throughout the whole car with applicator, let it dry, and used a diaper-soft cloth in up-and-down motion to buff.

How do I apply dc 1? Should I swirl it on an area of 4 feet, wipe it off, and move repeat for every 4 square feet?

Thanks.

Thisis a common question:

Meguiars cleaners and polishes do not need to dry, and should not dry, before removing. The temperature and humidity you are working in will change drying time, but in general, you can do say a door, or a fender, and then remove the residue.
    - These would include DC#1, DC#2, #7, ScratchX.

Meguiars waxes and cleaner/waxes should be allowed to dry before removing.
    - These would include DC#3, Nxt wax, Gold Class Wax, ColorX, Cleaner/Wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: applying dc 1 and dc 2 technique?

Originally posted by wax4tw
      What is the correct way to apply dc 1 and dc 2? Directions say not to let it dry and to wipe immediately but what does it mean exactly? When I was waxing, I swirled my way throughout the whole car with applicator, let it dry, and used a diaper-soft cloth in up-and-down motion to buff.

How do I apply dc 1? Should I swirl it on an area of 4 feet, wipe it off, and move repeat for every 4 square feet?

Thanks.
      Hey Wax4tw,

Just to build off of what Murr1525 (and I agree with everything said) stated, you may want to skip the removal with use of a diaper. I would go and get some Microfiber Towels (Auto Stores, Walmart, Sams). Diapers, even though appear to be so soft can trap scratching particals at their surface area and scratch your finish. As far as the romoval direction, I use a MF Towel folded into 1/4 and remove in a circular fashion while the polish/cleaner is still wet. Once the towel becomes loaded with polish/cleaner, I turn the towel to a clean 1/4 side. You can tell the towel is loaded with stuff when you see that your re-installing traces of the product on your finish. Good luck to you and I am sure it will come out great !!
      Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');