• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I should know the answer to this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should know the answer to this

Yesterday after I washed my car I put a coat of M21 on it (just to help with protection until I get a chance to buff it out again) and it rained about an hour or two later. So my dumb question is was all of my work a waste?

Re: I should know the answer to this

Originally posted by roushstage2
    Yesterday after I washed my car I put a coat of M21 on it (just to help with protection until I get a chance to buff it out again) and it rained about an hour or two later. So my dumb question is was all of my work a waste?
    From what I have heard yes. You should allow 24 hours to let the sealant fully cure before getting it wet.
    Elite Mobile Detailing

Comment

I know that it shouldn't get wet, but since nothing was getting scrubbed...I was hoping...

Comment

Your work wasn't a waste of time. I think the consensus is that if you allow 12 hours for the wax to go untouched, it is able to fully set up. The fact that it rained two hours later probably means that you're not seeing the wax's full potential, but it's protected nonetheless.

Comment

At least the rain didn't sit on bare paint. I would hardly callyour work a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
            Your work wasn't a waste of time. I think the consensus is that if you allow 12 hours for the wax to go untouched, it is able to fully set up. The fact that it rained two hours later probably means that you're not seeing the wax's full potential, but it's protected nonetheless.
            That is what I am hoping

Comment

You'll see that it isn't a big deal. There's a world of difference (practically speaking) between "not being fully cured" and "washing off in a rainstorm"
              Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');