• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any good detailers in N.C.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good detailers in N.C.

I am looking for a peron to look at the water marks I have on my hood, roof and trunk. I was told my another detailer that uses Meguairs that they cant be taked out. He rubbed something on one spot and it dulled the paint. He never tried to with a rotary. I have a pc but we all know it cant do this. I was hoping someone would consider looking at it and it they think they can be removed or even made to look better I would pay you. That is all I want done. I can detail the rest of the car. I will post up some pic later on. The guy told me they were acid rain spots.
    2008 Jet Black BMW X3
    2007 Ford Fusion 5 Speed

Re: Any good detailers in N.C.

Originally posted by 00GREENMACHINE
    I am looking for a peron to look at the water marks I have on my hood, roof and trunk. I was told my another detailer that uses Meguairs that they cant be taked out. He rubbed something on one spot and it dulled the paint. He never tried to with a rotary. I have a pc but we all know it cant do this. I was hoping someone would consider looking at it and it they think they can be removed or even made to look better I would pay you. That is all I want done. I can detail the rest of the car. I will post up some pic later on. The guy told me they were acid rain spots.
    I just buffed some heavy water spots out of a 98? Ford Explorer, EB Edition.

It took me about 10 passes with a DACP/W-8006/PC combo, and a few more passes with Speed Glaze to boot, but they came out very well for the most part.

I would look at your vehicle myself, but it's just not feasible for me at the moment. Plus you live about 235 miles from me.

Check with "Scrub", he moved to Southport just recently and he has a detailing business from what I gather.

SouthPort is close to the SC line near Wilmington.

Edit: According to Map Quest, you live 192 miles from Southport......I didn't realize it was that far away!

There have been a few from the Raleigh area that posted here at MOL. Check out this thread.....

Last edited by rusty bumper; Sep 22, 2005, 08:35 AM.
    r. b.

Comment

Is Nashville, NC near Charlotte?

Eric
      Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak

Eric
        No, it's near Rocky Mount.....Which is near Raleigh.
        r. b.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty Bumper
          No, it's near Rocky Mount.....Which is near Raleigh.
          Thanks RB.

Eric
          Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Originally posted by Teak

Eric
            I believe charlotte is about 3 hours away. I need to post some pics and see what everone thinks.
            2008 Jet Black BMW X3
            2007 Ford Fusion 5 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by 00GREENMACHINE
              I believe charlotte is about 3 hours away.
              More like 4 to 5.

It depends on the speed limit and how bad traffic is.

I don't know how bad the triangle area traffic is, but the I-85 corridor between Lexington and Charlotte is murder....Lots of construction going on.

There are so many of those orange construction barrels around here that some people refer to them as the state flower.
              r. b.

Comment

Check out my post in the extreme makeover section titled "Altima " Ressurected". Are the spots worse than those on the Altima? I listed the product and procedure to remove them in the post. Check it out and shoot me a PM. Ill help however I can.

Comment

pretty close. But mine look somewhat different. I will get some pics and maybe start a new thread.
                  2008 Jet Black BMW X3
                  2007 Ford Fusion 5 Speed

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');