• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even Coat Applicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even Coat Applicator

I was wondering how you guys get your Even Coat Applicator clean mine somehow gets really dirty for some reason?

Mine never get dirty. I mean, they have polish/wax/or scratch X on them after using them. But anyway, after using an even coat applicator I use hot water and try to work out the product, and then I hand wash with tide and water water in a clean/empty bucket, then rinse with cold water, and then whenever I have enough microfibers and other even coat applicators to put in the washing machine, I throw them in with warm/cold water with woolite. Either air dry or put them in the drier I've done both. Microfibers and even coat applicator pads are clean and look like new.

Edit: this is just what I do by the way. hope it helps. and by the way, don't be suprised if the seams sometimes slightly tear after many washes. Only 1 out of 6 even coat applicators that I have, have a slight tear in the seam, (maybe a cm long) and each have been washed and used at least 2-3 times each. And I think they changed the stitching because the one with the little torn seam in it (which I still use because it doesn't effect the performance) was one of the first pairs I've got. I like the even coat applicators soo much that I've started to only use the hi tech ones on interior and trim, and converted to even coat app pads for the paint itself.

Comment

Really my applicator is still dirty after a quick wash with tide in the washing machine.

Comment

Do you have any pics u can take? Describe what they look like if not.

Comment

I can take a picture of mine if you want, they look like new except the one with the slightly ripped seam is a little worn.
          Edit: I poured a little bit of tide directly all over the pad first and hand washed first tho (does a really good job). then put it in the washer with woolite later on. I use tide kindof as a stain remover.
          What's on the app. pad? like wax or polish? If so what kind?

Comment

I cant post any pics no camera sorry. it looks like grayish. I use only wax on that pad. The first time I used it was not too long ago, because I just did my first full detail with it. So when I gave my car its first coat It began to take some paint away, im guessing old paint. I gave it 2 more coats still gathers that grayish color but not as much anymore.

Comment

I do similar as F-150 except:

As I am detailing I actually have "5" buckets.
              1. NXT wash & water
              2. Clean water for rinsing wash mit while washing
              3. NXT wash bucket for tires & wheels
              4. Small bucket with heavyconcentration of DAWN & Water
              5. Clean Water for rinsing

What I do is:
              1. After I am done with any given towel or MF, it gets a respectable hit with the garden hoe at full force.
              2. Then it goes into the Dawn solution and gets worked a little by hand.
              3. It stays in there soaking until I dirty up another.
              4. Once I have another dirty one it gets garden hosed and the one that has been soaking gets worked by hand a little more then put in the clean wash water.
              5. Then after the next one gets dirty, the one in the clean water gets pulled, wrung out a little then gets placed on a chair.

I change water everytime I have changed products or the water just needs changing.

This cycle repeats itself until I am done for the day. Usually, if I have done a full detail it is not uncommon for me to have 30-40 rags and applicators dirty. I change out alot.

Anyway, at the end of the day, everything is still wet from the full hand wash. Then everything goes in the washing machine on regular cycle with Woolite. Then everything goes into the dryer.

I do wash Terry stuff separate from MFs.

There are times when after the intial hand wash I can't quite get everything out of the Even Coat Applicators or the Polisher Bonnets. What I do with these is apply Dawn directly to the pad/bonnet and seriouslywork it by hand. Then I set it to the side and let it set, not in water, and let that dawn work on the wax residue or whatever is on it. Then by the end of the day, this thing goes into the wash bucket with the Dawn solution then rinsed again.

By the time I do all of this all my MF products are pure white. I have a boat load of white MFs and have used them on my wheels, wheel wells or whatever and theyget stained. My wshing process even removes all that junk.

It is probablya little over kill but once you develop the habit it goes pretty well. It takes a little extratime butI enjoy detailing and am never in a rush.
              Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Originally posted by LT22
                I cant post any pics no camera sorry. it looks like grayish. I use only wax on that pad. The first time I used it was not too long ago, because I just did my first full detail with it. So when I gave my car its first coat It began to take some paint away, im guessing old paint. I gave it 2 more coats still gathers that grayish color but not as much anymore.
                Was the paint surface "smooth as glass"? Did you clay it and/or us a paint cleaner?

Comment

Yeah I gave my car a full detail before I waxed it, I think there was still dead paint on the car or something, because the pad color was kind of a faded color of my paint.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');