• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed

Hey guys

I've just bought the following and i need to know in which order do i have to use them:

1. Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
    2. Deep Crystal System Polish
    3. Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax
    4. Deep Crystal Wet Look Polymer Sealant
    5. Quick Detailer Mist and Wipe

I also have an orbital polisher, when do i use that ?

Thanks

Re: Help Needed

Originally posted by adcha1
    Hey guys

I've just bought the following and i need to know in which order do i have to use them:

3. Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax
    4. Deep Crystal Wet Look Polymer Sealant
    5. Quick Detailer Mist and Wipe

I also have an orbital polisher, when do i use that ?

Thanks

Sorry for the delay, it's actually my day off and I'm doing what car guys do... I'm working on a car...

Okay here's the order to use the products, I noticed you don't have any clay, if you do, clay the car after washing, if you don't then move right on to the paint cleaner after washing.

In order,

3. Deep Crystal Wet Look Polymer
    4. Deep Crystal Carnauba Sealant

Use the Quick Detailer Mist and Wipe for removing light dust in-between normal washing and waxing.

You can use your orbital polisher to apply all of the above products, but in each step you should use a new/dedicated bonnet as you don't want to cross-contaminate your bonnets.

You can use your orbital polisher to remove both waxes, but you should only use a clean, dry bonnet made for removing wax, otherwise just remove the wax as well as all the products by hand.

For the Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner and the Deep Crystal System Polish you want to apply these products to a section at a time, for example a fender, or half a hood, work the product in well, especially the paint cleaner, then remove any excess.

Paint Cleaners and Pure Polishes don't need to dry, simply apply, work-in and then remove.

for the two waxes, apply them in the order listed, work them in well when applying them, and the allow them to dry until they swipe clear. Remember, you only need to apply thin coating, a thick coat just wastes product and makes removal difficult.

Here are three threads to read that will help you to understand the project you are about to undertake.

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');