• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish after wax...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish after wax...

I'm planning on detailing my car from two to three times per year. My car is kept in the garage most of the time so I don't think there is a need to do detail more than three times per year. My question is, during regular washes can I apply Meguires deep cristal polish without worrying about striping off the wax applied in the past?
    Thanks,

Monica

Re: Polish after wax...

Originally posted by MonicaBolero
    I'm planning on detailing my car from two to three times per year. My car is kept in the garage most of the time so I don't think there is a need to do detail more than three times per year. My question is, during regular washes can I apply Meguires deep cristal polish without worrying about striping off the wax applied in the past?
    I would think that the chemicals in DC #2 polish would strip off your wax. I would re-wax the car if you choose to polish it again.

Just my opinion here.

Edit: Try applying & removing the polish as directed. Then take a 100% clean cotton terry towel and fold it into quarters. Press down and twist the towel back & forth and listen for a squeaky sound.

If the towel squeaks, then you need to re-wax, as the squeaky sound is sign of no wax protection.
    r. b.

Comment

Polishing after wax should be ok, people do it to show cars often. However, it really is no protaction, and wears off quickly. I think I would look into the two Spray waxes for after washing, as it is some protection, yet restores gloss as well.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

have any of you guys tried #7 after a wax? if so can you still use a quik detailer on it? also does #7 remove wax?
        NA

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo_01
          have any of you guys tried #7 after a wax? if so can you still use a quik detailer on it? also does #7 remove wax?
          I would follow the advice that I gave above, as I'm persuaded that #7 would remove your wax.

You could use a QD after #7, but it would be best to re-wax the finish.
          r. b.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');