• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im stuck on what to use as top coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im stuck on what to use as top coat

hello mike phillips, my name is ben and i need your advice. a friend that has been investing time and money into detailing has really been helping me, however he is no pro at this he's just getting started and he recommended you as a great source of knowledge. this is where we are at. i own a sonic blue 98 mustang gt. paint is very good, clear coat is pretty thin. we washed car with nxt carwash with meguair's line of products. wash mitts, two bucket method, undercarriage brush, micro fiber cloths, superior shine detailing cloths, etc. step 1. step 2 we clayed with meguiar's clay kit. step 3 polished with 82. step 4 we started with 7 show shine polish but noticed no real difference. so we went straight to waxing with 21. da all the way. one coat.
    then tomorrow with another coat. my question to you is what do you recommend for my top coat? what i have as of yet is a nice deep blue shiny coat. i want to acheive a coat that not only has depth in color, but has excellent reflection. i want to be able to submit my own pictures to this site instead of looking at all the beautiful pieces of work that are already on the site. once again i am very impressed with what we have thus far, i just want more i guess. thank you in advance, you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Well, when it comes to layering waxes, it can take a little playing around. I would guess Gold CLass, or #26 as posibilities to try. Maybe start with #26, and see if you like it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

i personally like doing

-colorx or M80
      -meg cleaner wax
      -gold class
      rollin 22's

www.fordexplorer.net

www.cardomain.com/id/explore_02xlt

Comment

Re: I'm stuck on what to use as top coat

Hi sonicblueman,

Sorry for the late reply, I noticed you posted this Sunday night, which I try to spend time with my family on Sunday and then play catch-up on Monday. Today I had meetings that kept me from the forum till late afternoon, thus the late reply.

Originally posted by sonicblueman
        hello mike Phillips, my name is Ben and i need your advice. a friend that has been investing time and money into detailing has really been helping me, however he is no pro at this he's just getting started and he recommended you as a great source of knowledge.
        Tell your friend thank you for the recommendation.

this is where we are at. i own a sonic blue 98 mustang gt. paint is very good, clear coat is pretty thin. we washed car with NXT car wash with Meguiar's line of products. wash mitts, two bucket method, undercarriage brush, micro fiber cloths, superior shine detailing cloths, etc. step 1. step 2 we clayed with Meguiar's clay kit. step 3 polished with 82. step 4 we started with 7 show shine polish but noticed no real difference. so we went straight to waxing with 21. DA all the way. one coat.
        then tomorrow with another coat. my question to you is what do you recommend for my top coat? what i have as of yet is a nice deep blue shiny coat. i want to achieve a coat that not only has depth in color, but has excellent reflection. i want to be able to submit my own pictures to this site instead of looking at all the beautiful pieces of work that are already on the site. once again i am very impressed with what we have thus far, i just want more i guess. thank you in advance, you guys are awesome!!!!!!!!!

As far as a topper over the M21 Synthetic Sealant, you could try either NXT Tech Wax Paste, lots of people like this combination. Another option would be to simply apply a second coat of the M21

Yet another option that I tried recently on our black Pilot was a machine applied coat of M26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax which is a very clear wax that adds a rich, clear, glassy look to the paint.

I think it's pretty hard to beat two back to back coats of any of these waxes...

M21
        NXT Liquid
        NXT Paste

The last half dozen cars I've detailed have all had NXT applied to them...

LSP = NXT Tech Wax Liquid

LSP = NXT Tech Wax Paste

I have these coming up... I'm pretty confident I'll be using NXT Tech Wax as a LSP, maybe M21...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');