• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remove wax???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remove wax???

I remember reading somewhere in the forum that SUPERIOR SHINE uses a bottle of alcohol and water to reveal any and all minor scratches that wax might have settled in. Would anyone know what alcohol and dilution ratio one might use?

Project:
    I am slowly working on my dad's White Toyota truck that has never been washed or waxed since 2000? Not only is there concrete and other contaminants on the paint, but loads of dirt and grime from his work site. I recently purchased a rotary (no holograms yet, cross my fingers) and I started with the wash, clay, wash, and #80 on a 8006 polishing pad on setting #3 on my Makita Rotary, then #5 setting on PC with #80 and 8006 pad. Finishing off with #26 by hand.

I am having a hard time distinguishing if it is the amount of dirt on the paint that has been smeared that is causing the difficult time removing #80 on the rotary or have I overbuffed the product? I think it is the dirt because when I tried working on a side panel, the removal was easy but that was because the dirt was not as accumulated when compared to the hood. Therefore, I am asking on what products can I use to remove the wax so I can see my results and any scratches that I might have missed. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

~ Julius
    - "IF I HAD MORE HANDS, I WOULD GIVE YOU FOUR THUMBS DOWN"

You can use a mixture of 50% water with 50% Isopropyl Alcohol mixed and stored in a generic sprayer.

I can post a picture of my set-up tomorrow...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the info. Will this solution aid in the removal of ALL wax? I look forward in seeing your setup. Thanks Mike for the quick reply.
      - "IF I HAD MORE HANDS, I WOULD GIVE YOU FOUR THUMBS DOWN"

Comment

Most, at least enough that you get the idea... White paint is hard to see light imperfections to start with, (at least for me).

You could also use our All Purpose Cleaner as a wax remover, do a search using terms like

APC Remove Wax dewax

I found this...

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');