• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

color problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• color problem

This mustang in a continuosly exposed to weather, i try before washing with 60, meduim polishing compund but still there, i don't try wet sanding because i wory that the area have a thin layer of paint or clear.
    The rest of the car get a superb shine and color restoration.
    This photo was before i started to work with it, i couldn't take to show the after because start to rain and the picture that i will take will not be faithfull on how it looks but you will have them.
    Any help will be appreciated.

I am far from any pro on here but I think your asking about the finish on the trunk lid. It looks to me like Clear Coat Failure. I think there is not much you can do (if it is clear coat failure) other then getting the area re-painted.
    Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

I would also guess clear coat failure. You can however try something like ColorX, or another rich polish like DC#2, or #7, etc to try and nourish it some. Good luck.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for your advices

thanks guys i will try that and tell you the results, when i use that medium polish compund to that point the results were good enough but when i use the scratch remover there strart the problem, probably was better to leave it on that step and not going further.

Comment

Rotary might be a good option.
          Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
          Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

rotary

liquidblack

i do it with my rotary and medium polishing compound but dont fix the problem

Comment

It is paint failure.
              I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

Stop... back away from the car... the only thing that is going to fix the paint in that area is new paint...

The clear coat in that area is deteriorated to the point of no return...

Whenever you see paint like this inform your customer that you will not be able to fix this kind of problem as it's too far gone for anything you can pour out of a bottle and apply by hand or machine.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                  Stop... back away from the car...
                  LMAO...
                  Mike is 100% correct.
                  Rangerpowersports.com
                  Ranger72

Comment

thanks you

thank you guys thats what i though but i want to have experts support to confirm that situation for my client i did the best i could but tell him that he have to repaint the spoiler and the trunk again, thats why i'm here to be sorround by people like you.
                    Again thanks for all the effort to helping me to learn more and knowing that i'm not alone on this, thanks to all of you, god bless you all.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');