• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what are the avantages of Microfiber towels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are the avantages of Microfiber towels

hi
    could you tell me what are the avantages of Microfiber towels
    i have alwasy just used a clean soft cotton towel.
    thanks
    Don

Hi Don,

Sorry for the delay in getting you an answer, I noticed you posted this early Saturday morning,
    Originally posted by Minocqa
    what are the advantages of Microfiber towels - posted: Oct 2nd, 2005 at 09:01 AM
    at which time I was well into a Detailing Class here at Meguiar's.

Corvettes of Temecula Valley

I usually don't start playing catch-up until Monday....

Originally posted by Minocqa
    hi
    could you tell me what are the advantages of Microfiber towels
    i have always just used a clean soft cotton towel.
    thanks
    Don
    The biggest differences between a quality microfiber and cotton towels are that the fibers themselves are miniature in size, this provides a dramatically larger number of fibers per square inch to remove and hold product from off your car when wiping off wax or polish. The smaller fibers because of their size make a microfiber polishing cloth more gentle to the finish to reduce the potential for instilling towel marks.

Most people agree after switching to microfiber they are superior for removing products off your car's finish and help you to produce a more flawless, streak and swirl-free finish.

Invest in a few premium quality microfibers and give them a try, I've never met anyone that has regretted making the switch from cotton towels to microfiber polishing cloths.

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      Invest in a few premium quality microfibers and give them a try, I've never met anyone that has regretted making the switch from cotton towels to microfiber polishing cloths.
      You haven't met my neighbor, then! The guy seriously baffles me. We were working on his Z28 this weekend, and I had him using my MF towels (he also details his stuff quite religiously, and uses a G100, but doesn't have a rotary so I was getting out deeper scratches). He's from the "old school" of detailing, and swears that his used t-shirts and bath towels, with the deep crystal 3-step system, are the only way to go.

I was using the #8x-series polishes and MF towels, and had him using the same, and all he could say was "what has you convinced these are so much better??"

He won't listen to me about diminishing abrasives and the importance of working polish down all the way at high speeds, either.

Oh well, at least his car looks better than it did.... for now. He'll keep it clean, but probably swirl it all to hell with his toweling.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');