• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash safe for ceramic coating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash safe for ceramic coating?

Is Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash safe for ceramic coating? If not, what are other Meguiar's car shampoos that are safe for the ceramic coating and won't hinder the hydrophobicity of the coating? Thanks.

I found hyper wash to be the best soap for ceramic coatings.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      I found hyper wash to be the best soap for ceramic coatings.
      Unfortunately, it's not in stock anywhere close to me, but the local dealer for Meguiar's told me Gold Class Car Wash is fine for ceramic coated cars, so I came here to ask the experts. Thanks!

Comment

I did not like Gold Class on ceramics or sealants. It always seemed to alter the surface tension to sheeting giving the false impression that the protection product has failed. Hyper Wash is the only wash I would use.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Or you could consider the hybrid ceramic wash and wax.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Here is a thread on using Meguiar's hybrid ceramic wash and wax.
            How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (meguiarsonline.com)

Comment

There is also a new product Meguiar's Hybrid Wash and Wax with the special Meguiar's Hybrid Wash Mitt.
              Here is a thread for those two products.
              Meguiar's Hybrid Wash Mitt - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (meguiarsonline.com)

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                I did not like Gold Class on ceramics or sealants. It always seemed to alter the surface tension to sheeting giving the false impression that the protection product has failed. Hyper Wash is the only wash I would use.
                I found a 1-gallon Hyper Wash bottle on amazon and bought it. I also applied Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on the car. Will Hyper Wash cover the hydrophobic layer of the Hybrid Ceramic Wax? I haven't washed the car again yet after applying the initial Hybrid Ceramic Wax layer.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');