• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my plan for keeping the shine...does it sound good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my plan for keeping the shine...does it sound good?

as many of you know i had the privilage of having my car detailed by superior shine . in trying to keep joe's magic alive i have brainstormed a few ideas. ive been a meguiars user since i started driving about 7 years ago, but i never really knew the proper way of using their products until i took mikes class last week .

my car is kept in the garage at night for 2 weeks out of the month. the other 2 weeks my car sleeps outside. we only have a 2 car garage so our family alternates garage spaces. and of course my car is outside all day while im at work.

my plan is built around the time im able to spend on my car, mind you, so this is the best scenario i came up with :

i can wash my car twice a month, basically every 2 weeks. on the first week of every month i will wash with NXT Car Wash, clay with Quick Clay (or the Blue Mild Clay) and wax with NXT Tech Wax using the G100 with a W9006 Finishing Pad.

in two weeks i will wash with NXT Car Wash and spray NXT Speed Detail...i was actually thinking of using NXT Spray Wax instead, but time wise i dont think i can. i mean i should still have some pretty good wax left after 2 weeks, no?

the cylce starts again in 2 weeks.

then every first week of every third month i will wash with NXT Car Wash, clay with Quick Clay (or the Blue Mild Clay), use ScratchX as needed, clean/polish with M82 Swirl Free Polish (i have a very soft clearcoat) using the G100 with a W8006 Polishing Pad. Finish that with NXT Tech Wax on the G100 with a W9006 Finishing Pad.

how does that sound? any input is appreciated
    Last edited by fgraciano1980; Oct 4, 2005, 01:32 PM.

That actually looks like a very good plan. Be sure to use a quality wash mitt when washing.

I think if you can master the art of applying and removing a spray wax you will come to love this product as it can keep your black car looking like it was just waxed very quickly.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      That actually looks like a very good plan. Be sure to use a quality wash mitt when washing.
      hi mike, thanks for your feedback . i will definitley use a good quality wash mitt. i currently own the Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt and i love it!

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
      I think if you can master the art of applying and removing a spray wax you will come to love this product as it can keep your black car looking like it was just waxed very quickly.
      you have a point, im just being impatient . but do you think, with the conditions i keep the car in, my NXT Tech Wax will at least last a month?

Comment

SOUNDS like a plan , but what if you don't need to do much obviously ?
        Since the car sits outside 2 weeks straight at a time I would consider layering #21 sealant 3-4 coats while it is garaged after your normal paint cleaning routine to start .
        Then maybe 2-3 more layers during teh next week .
        This will give you an awesome shield for those outside times and you most likely wont need to do teh claying & polishing and such but about twice a year .
        To freshen up the shine and keep a top few layers of protection before sealant is exposed you could always do your wash and touch up with spray wax + a QD spray .
        #21 costs , but less work imho is worth it

P.S. Applying waxes and sealants with machine can waste a lot of product .
        Buffin' aint easy , but somebody's gotta do it !

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');