• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

plan for detailing this weekend mike help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plan for detailing this weekend mike help

i have borrowed a g100 for the weekend from a friend but i have to buy pads and cleaners/polsihes .

any tips on avoiding trails

the car is a camaro in white its has moderate swirls and moderate scratches

if any pads or cleaners/polishes need to be added let me kno

now this is my plan

wash with nxt
    clay
    apply 83 remove with mf by hand
    apply 80 remove with mf by hand
    apply nxt 2 thin coats remove with mf

now as far as pads 8006 for 80 and 83
    and 8009 for nxt wax

will the 80 and 83 be good for my situation

if i am planing on doing anything wrong or any1 has ideas to improve please let me know
    "A musclecar, by definition, is a powerful and sporty vehicle that must be able to spin its tires at will. The Firebird Trans Am is capable of laying down twin black streaks of rubber several hundred feet long. We wanted to be sure it could, so we did it a half dozen times in the name of automotive science." - Motor Trend

Here's what you want to do...

Wash
    Clay
    M83/W-8006/G100/SS-5.0
    M80/W-8006/G100/SS-5.0
    NXT/W-9006/G100/SS-3.0 x 2

You've mentioned before that your paint has a lot of deep swirls and that ScratchX didn't remove them. One question and a comment,

Question: Is this single-stage finish? In other words, it has no clear coat?

Comment, when using the dual action polisher to remove swirls in paint, the harder the paint and the deeper the swirls, the smaller the area you want to work at one time as to enable the combination of pad, product and cleaning action supplied by the oscillating motions from the dual action polisher to do some work in one area.

Also, it's important to remember that the dual action polisher is limited in what it can do. It's not a substitute for a rotary buffer.

That's why the information in this thread has become so relevant and why the thread was moved into the Hot Topics,

Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');