• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

difference between NXT All Metal Polysh and Mirror Glaze M28 All Metal Polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between NXT All Metal Polysh and Mirror Glaze M28 All Metal Polish?

What the difference between NXT All Metal Polysh and Mirror Glaze # 28 All Metal Polish?

NXT All Metal Polysh is a stronger cleaner and contains a anti-corrosive protectant.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Does # 28 have protectants?

what will it do to my chrome wheels?

Comment

I think yes, there is some type of protectant in the M28 but I'll have to check to be sure. It's not the same as NXT All Metal Polysh however.

both of these product will work great on chrome wheels, remember however that you need to make sure that you use a quality applicator to apply either of these products. If you use a tatty, or scratchy applicator it will be the applicator, not the product that causes any problems. Same goes for the polishing cloth you use to remove the product.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

which is stronger?
          do i put this on b4 or after wax?
          oh i been using nxt tech wax on my wheels and was great will spray wax be just as good b/c i want it to take lesser time waxing my wheels.

Comment

Re: reply

Originally posted by Jokar
            which is stronger?
            I think I already answered this question. Go back and read my replies.

do i put this on b4 or after wax?
            oh i been using nxt tech wax on my wheels and was great will spray wax be just as good b/c i want it to take lesser time waxing my wheels.
            If you use NXT All Metal Polysh, you don't have to wax your wheels as there is a protectant in the product.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

im using #28 so do i have to wax after

Comment

Re: reply

Originally posted by Jokar
                im using #28 so do i have to wax after
                Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                I think yes, there is some type of protectant in the M28 but I'll have to check to be sure. It's not the same as NXT All Metal Polysh however.
                That said, (again), it wouldn't hurt to add a coat of wax, kind of depends on how car crazy your are.
                Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

is nxt tech wax and spray wax about the same
                  i want to start using spray wax on my wheels instead of tech wax (liquid)

Comment

Same type of formula, different consistency... try it and see if you like it...
                    Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

ok last one, how would i go about protecting my chrome wheels through the winter, they do salt roads when it snows heavy. im willing to take them off to polish and wax the inside side of the wheel before winter. I dont really want to replace them with my stock wheels and tires inless i have to.

Comment

First of all, chrome resists corrosion, that's why they use it for a protective coating, that and it looks good too. The most important thing to do with chrome is to keep it clean and do you best not to disrupt the layer of chrome, for example scratch it.

After that you can apply a coat of wax as a sacrificial barrier coating, it's not perfect, but something is better than nothing in most cases.

So apply the wax of your choice, allow it to dry until it swipes clear, and the wipe it off. Your done. Repeat on a regular basis.

How to tell when a Meguiar's wax is ready to remove - The Swipe Test
                        Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Re: difference between NXT All Metal Polysh and Mirror Glaze M28 All Metal Polish?

So, would it be best to clay and then use nxt metal polish?
                          Sleepy

Love the Classics!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');