• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to fix it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to fix it?

Hi all ,
    I left my black 6 months old GOLF GTI parking in front of my block for one month (vacation),when i came back found it has a rough pain when looked closer found a haze of paint spray all over my black car , went to a local delailing shop asked for a SR 500 which is equivilent to about $150 ,said to my self go and buy your own polish and wax and an machin( electric applicator ) and all the stuff which may be the same cost ,so I did ,first tried the prewax cleaner the paint surfes got just a little smother but still can see the paint spry and still rough ,soused a rubbing compound applied strongly by hand ,but the paint not off compleatly, after used a nxt wax , by the electric polisher,after finishing it was dark at night,the next morning found that I damaged the pain of the bonet with son swirls and some fading,can I fix my pain again?thx

If you compounded the finish, you might want to machine polish it with a pad/polish that is more gentle. I'm sure they forum administrators will have some handy tips.
    Last edited by LiquidBlack; Oct 8, 2005, 10:51 AM.
    Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
    Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

I would recommend trying a clay bar. If you can get your hands on one at probably the same place that you got your other products that you mentioned. It seemed that when I had overspray I used about 5 passes with a clay bar, and it took it off better than my paint cleaner.

Give it a try, a clay bar should only cost between $10 and $20.

--Stephen
      WARNING! Eye protection must be worn when looking at my car in direct sunlight. Can cause temporary blindness.

Comment

Oh definately give clay a try for the paint overspray.

As for the swirls, Meguiar's #80 or #83 used on a Dual Action Polisher should work.

I have never machine-polished my car (yet), I am just mirroring the advice I read here on the forums.
        Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
        Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');