• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt & #16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt & #16

I'm a Meguiars man... all my current products for my new (July 05) Audi A3 Sportback 2.0Tdi are Meguiars.

My newbie questions are - I've settled on NXT wax followed by #16 on top, does that sound good for a new car (no paint restoration required)

My car sits outside (no garage) and since I waxed it on Friday (just a top up of #16 this time) it has litteraly poured, almost non stop, really heavy rain. What effect does that have on the wax? At first it just beaded beautifully and ran off... is it my imagination or after 3 days can it actually be washing off?

I've watched the 'how long does it last' video, and I've filled in the questionnaire (which came up with 'wax every four weeks' because it's outside - does that sound right?

Thanks for your help,
    Stewart

#16 is a good topper. I do belive it is discontinued, so if you see some, you should get what you can.

I assume you have done the claying/cleaning/polishing as well, as well, as these will affect the look and durability of any wax.

I am not sure if #16 is a wax that beads or not... someone else will have to answer that... but it is important to remember that beading and protection arent related. the best way to see if wax is still there is to have a fresh wahsed car, and do the 'Squeak Test" with a clean soft towel.

4 weeks may be about right... if a bit conservative probably. I get about 2months or so out of Nxt, with washing and spray waxing every week or so in between.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Hi guys,

#16 has been discontinued in the US but is freely available here in the UK and I think Europe.

Stewart, you could always top up the wax using NXT Spray Wax after the weekly wash, it will last a LOT longer.

Bryan

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

So just to double check..... NXT first and #16 on top?

I haven't used a clay bar (although I have one on order) because rightly or wrongly I assumed a new car wouldn't need it ??

If NXT lasts longer, is it OK to just top up with #16 every 4 weeks or so, or should I be doing both? Or the other question, how often for NXT? (when there's #16 on top to 'protect it')
        Stewart

Comment

stewarta13wsb- I use#16 on my wife's A8 most of the time. Yeah, NXT before #16.

I would clay it, but since you're already waxed it you'll have to clay through the wax and thus will have to redo said wax. I've had a lot of new Audis and many of them suffered from "rust blooms" caused by embedded ferrous contamination (despite the transit film that's supposed to protect them from such stuff). Claying is one way of eliminating such headaches or at least reducing their severity.

Yeah, #16 is a "beading" LSP, and it's never washed off in heavy rain for me. If anything, it sorta "self cleans" in rain and the beads of water often roll off by themselves. I got well over a month out of #16 when used on an outside 24/7 vehicle. After three days I'm confident that it's fine.

I'd just refresh the #16 every four weeks. Not sure how often you'll want to redo the NXT.

While beading isn't the final word on whether your LSP needs redone, it's safe to say that when the beading characteristics change *something* is different I'd rather redo my LSP more often than necessary and keep things the way I like them (including the beading).
          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Thanks for that.

LSP??

Edit: Got my avatar working too - small but that reflection (even from a distance) is #16 for you )
            Stewart

Comment

Last step protection. Nice A3
              Rangerpowersports.com
              Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
                Nice A3
                Thanks. It's the new (over here) Sportback (5 door) mine's a 2.0Tdi Sportback Sport. Full leather, heated seats, cruise control, DSG... and I'm loving it
                Stewart

Comment

Yeah, they have the A3 over here as well. Nice car.
                  Rangerpowersports.com
                  Ranger72

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');