• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to know if my bottle of Gold Class is still good...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to know if my bottle of Gold Class is still good...

I was cleaning out a cabinet in the garage the other day and found a few of my "detailing" items from a couple years back. Most of it was junk or just no good anymore, but a couple pleasant surprises were an almost full bottle of Meg's QD and a never even opened bottle of liquid Gold Class wax. I've heard that Meguiar's products have a shelf life of 3-5 years (not sure if that is accurate or not, though). This bottle is possibly up to 4 years old and was never opened, and has sat in the garage cabinet undisturbed. Anyways, I'd like to try it out because I've never used the GC wax. So how do I know if its no good? Will an 'expired' bottle be noticeably bad in some way, or will it just not protect and shine as well as a fresh bottle? Again, I'd like to try out the GC for the first time, but I don't want to try out a bad bottle and just go on thinking that its bad wax for the rest of my life. Thanks.

Honestly, If this bottle was stored in a cool place and was closed tightly then it should be still good. I would test out the product first or pour some out and smell it or look at it just in case. It should be fine though. Car products that are kept in cool safe and nothing went in the bottle or possible can should be good. Its not like food or anything. Just make sure to check it out.

Comment

Shake it up really well and pour some out. Look for a uniform consistency. Apply a thin layer, allow to dry till it swipes clear and then wipe off. It either works, or it doesn't.

It's probably okay if it hasn't frozen.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to see if there could be issues with it losing its effectiveness due to age. I wanted to give GC a fair chance, and if this four year old bottle isn't going to produce the results that it should, then I don't want to bother.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');