• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this?

I just finished washing my car today and I noticed this white milky/hazy spot on my roof. Is this a sign of Clear Coat Failure or am I able to remove it?

Might be oxidation. What color, year and make and how has it been cared for? Garaged? Regular waxing? Do you have a photo?

I'd probably try clay followed by a paint cleaner and a polish. You might try ColorX on the area and see if that clears it up. Another approach would be using DC1 and DC2 followed by NXT Tech Wax.

If you have access to a PC you might want to try #80 or #83 and then wax.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Well im thinking its oxidation too and i hope it is, rather than CCF. I would post a picture of it but no camera sorry.

Comment

Check out the pictures in the below thread and see if your car's finish looks like any of those...

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Yes, Kristy's last picture it looks hazy like that. Its not even close to the CCF picture. Its just like 3x3 square size on the roof. Its still smooth cuz I clayed it not too long ago, but looks milky or hazy. Should I try with ScratchX or ColorX?

Comment

You can try ScratchX, but usually if it looks like that last picture the problem isn't oxidation on top of the finish, it's deterioration and break-down throughout the matrix of the paint.

But hey... you never know what you can do until you try...

If it were mine, I would surely try. If you can restore the clarity to the clear coat, then do start right away on a maintenance program to try to preserve it.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');