• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Many Choices of Car Wash Stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Many Choices of Car Wash Stuff

I see Meguiars has many choices of car washes.

Why does Meguiars need to make so many types of car washes? Which soaps are are good for what surfaces? Why would I use one over another? Do any of the washes contain wax?

I am asking because I can get the Deep Crystal Car Wash BOGOF after rebate. I wanted to get the NXT Wash, but this is seems like a better deal.

Can someone provide me with insight? I tried to search but got hundreds of results and clawed through the first 5 pages or so but couldn't find an answer.
    2000 Nissan Maxima
    2005 Nissan Xterra

Don't know the answer that is a question I would like to know as well as I have wondered which soap/shampoo is better than the others and why that would be. Makes it hard to know which one to purchase when you don't really know if there is a huge difference between them all. I think there are four different ones???

NXT
    Gold Class
    Deep Crystal
    Soft Wash Gel
    Trent W.

------------------------------

2002 Ford F-150 SuperCrew FX4
    2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LS

Comment

tron1974,

Well, I was where you were about 3-4 months ago. I first started with the Deep Crystal Car Wash and was impressed over the “Other (as in manufactured by others)” Car washes. At that point, I asked on here as you just did on what was the best Megs Car Wash. The reaction I received was that it is a matter of preference really. Later, I learned that the NXT Wash is good where people have harder water. I went to the NXT and WOW, what a difference in feel on the surface using it on your wash mitt. And the vehicle seemed to have a better shine after I dried it. Plus, the NXT has a nice smell but once you dry your car, the smell is gone. I just bought the Gold Class last week and used it once so far. Seemed like it did a great job but haven’t really had a lot of time to assess it just yet. The smell is more manly. It almost smells like a men’s shower gel. The only thing (draw back) I did find with the Gold Class is that it is thick as honey and it adds time to measuring it out before dumping it into the bucket. But if you want to call that draw back, I think I can live with it.
      Brad

Detailing a Vehicle is very Therapeutic.

Comment

I think it has a lot to do with personal preferance.

I use Gold Class on a regular basis and also have a bottle of NXT. I prefer the way that the Gold Class leaves the paint so smooth.

- Chris

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm thinking eventhough I can get a good deal on the DC car wash, I might just buy the NXT.

It would be great if Meguiars had a chart on their site listing each like product and what each is good for or at least each difference. For the short time I have been lurking, there seem to be a ton of posts as to which similar Meguiars product to use in what situtation.
          2000 Nissan Maxima
          2005 Nissan Xterra

Comment

Yep, It can all be pretty confusing. Each Car Wash soap has it's own characteristics. Alot of people ask Which is the best? Well, There are all great. What you have to keep in mind is that different people are concerned about different issues. Some look for high sudz. Some for High lubricity. Some like water softening agents. Some like a product that can be bought in bulk.

Fortunately Meg's does off a wide range of products to meet all these needs. Why don't they conbine all the great features of all the soaps into one? Good question. I am no chemist but I would just about bet that with every soap they make they did the absolute best to conbine all the great qualities they could into each one. Then as time goes on they improve that product until they just about can't get any more out of it and then head back to the lab to start it all over again. Meanwhile you have your hard core loyalist out here using the original soap and loving it and not in a hurry to change.

Personally I like to experiment with everything. I have every soap Meg's makes. I buy a small quantity of each and try them all. Usage depands on what II am trying to accomplish.
            Jeff Smith

Don't mistake my enthusiasm for experience.

Comment

Actualy, there are many different washes....

1. DC Car Wash
              2. Gold Class
              3. Nxt Wash
              4. Soft Wash Gel
              5. Hyper Wash
              6. Shampoo Plus
              7. #00 Hi-Tec Wash
              8. #62 Pro Car Wash
              9. and at least one Boat Wash

As far as the general consumer starting off, the main ones are the 1-4, and al lare a bit different. DC Wash produces lots of suds, which many consumers like. Gold Class leaves behind the best appearence and slickest paint. Nst Wash is great in hard water, and in my opinion cleans a little better than the others as well. Soft Wash Gel is a very concentrated solution, allowing for more dilution.

Gold Class and Nxt are the most popular ones I would say.

As far as just cleaning the paint, you will not go wrong with any of them. Some of the professional ones are formulated for use as lubrication for wet sanding, and extreme dilution rates for body shops, etc.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Deep Crystal wash - suds more than other car wash soaps.

Comment

Originally posted by RockCrushin150
                  I think it has a lot to do with personal preferance.

I use Gold Class on a regular basis and also have a bottle of NXT. I prefer the way that the Gold Class leaves the paint so smooth
                  100%

Comment

I started my meguiars "love" 2 years ago with the gold class wash. I was satisfied with it, but always was a little bit "angry" about the amount of product I need for 1 bucket. You must know that all products cost in germany the 2x price than in the USA, so washing is really expensive. At the beginning there was no gallon available, only the small one.

Then I tried NXT Shampoo, it was more concentrated - so its cheaper to buy and use this gallon than the small gold class bottles. My experience was really great in relation to shining, cleaning and als leaving waterspots (or NOT! *g*), so I stayd with NXT Shampoo. I dont believe that these 2 products have BIG differences, maybe I only imagine any advantage or disadvantage but mainly both products are great. At least my dicision for the NXT comes through the higher concentration of the product.

At least in germany are the SOFT WASH and the Quick Suds wash stripes available. The SOFT WASH is not interesting for me and the SUDS are also not needed because I have a good storage room for my meguiars parts! ;-)

Comment

Tuningfreak, I have the NXT wash, GC, and Soft Gel wash. The instructions on all the bottles say 1oz per galon of water. So what do you mean NXT is more concentrated? And it comes in 1/2 gallon size(64 oz), not 1 gallon.

Comment

Uuups, I´m sorry: My mistake with the gallon. You are right! ;-)

Regarding the concentration: I use the NXT Wash since much month, but I have in mind that I had a bottle of Gold Class Shampoo where I need a much higher amount of product compared to the NXT Shampoo. Maybe it changed or it was a translation problem onto the german bottle - who knows?

Comment

Seems like there aren't too many people using the Pro line washes. My favorite Meguiar's wash is the #62. Great lubricity and it comes in gallons.
                          Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I think that's due to the distribution channels (PBE store are off many peoples' radar) and the fact that the consumer products work so well there's little incentive to look further (I love Gold Class).

The only pro wash many people ever see is #00; which works great but only comes in little bottles. I haven't even gotten to try #62 too yet because it's never been on the shelf when I've shopped (and I haven't gotten off the dime and ordered any).

I did score samples of Hyper-Wash and Shampoo-Plus and like them both. I hate to admit it but the main reason I prefer Shampoo-Plus is the smell, light and pleasant. Hyper-Wash smells like industrial soap (ooh, big surprise there). Hyper-Wash's 400:1 dilution ratio is great though, definitely the ticket for a high volume user. After a wash with Hyper-Wash my white truck just glows.

Still, with gallons of Gold Class so cheap, and easily available it will probably remain my primary weapon of choice.**

PC.

**Of course, Shampoo-Plus is available in 55gallon drums. I wonder if my wife would notice if I...

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');