• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a nice surprize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a nice surprize

Last weekend I decided I really needed to get some new cleaning and waxing products for my 2000 jeep grand cherokee.

I got the car when it was 4 years old, it was washed maybe once a month, if it was lucky. I had been taking better care of it though, cleaning the car, waxing it, cleaning the engine.

So I was running out of stuff and then saw Meguiars products being used in my body shop class. I decided to buy some for myself and give them a shot.

I got the NXT Car Wash, the NXT tech Wax, Meguairs clay, NXT Insane shine, and some micro fiber towels.

I have to say I was shocked at how much better Meguiars performed. I had some really bad problems with grime and grit that I could not get off my finish, about three hours with the clay bar, my car is as smooth as glass, and shines like glass thanks to the tech wax.

Now I've been lurking about for the past week trying to get some tips. My jeep has some moderate swirls on its finish, would the most effective way to remove the swirls be to use a DA polisher with the Swirl free polish #82?

Also, my last question... my shop class has some very nice DeWalt polishers, would these be suffice to get some swirls out? I think they go from 1000 RPM's to about 3500 RPM's.

I appricate it... here's a pic of the NXT Insane Shine in action.. It stayed this 'wet' for a week!

Re: What a nice surprize

Originally posted by SiriusRIMZ
    Now I've been lurking about for the past week trying to get some tips. My jeep has some moderate swirls on its finish, would the most effective way to remove the swirls be to use a DA polisher with the Swirl free polish #82?
    M82 is probably to mild to remove swirls out of most paints unless the swirls are very shallow and the paint is farily soft.

Read this,

How To Remove Swirls By Hand

and this,

Using the G-100 to remove swirls with the Professional Line

Also, my last question... my shop class has some very nice DeWalt polishers, would these be suffice to get some swirls out? I think they go from 1000 RPM's to about 3500 RPM's.

If you don't know how to use a rotary buffer it's best not to learn on something that's important to you.

Read this,

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I've used them to remove runs in clear coat. I've also used DA sanders many times. But I think I might need pratice NOT (heh) eating through the clear.

I have a couple old door panels I could proably find to pratice on.

Thanks for you help

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');