• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would #80 help me with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would #80 help me with this?

Hi!

All in all I'm satisfied with the results I get with #83 and I must say, it does give great results if you just let the product do its work (by applying less and less pressure)

Yesterdays work turned out this way:

As you can see there are still some kind of swirls on the right side! (Not noticable until I used the camera ofc)

Would for instance the M80 help me out with those swirls or would I have to use the M82?

/Marcus

P.S
    Before I started on the roof I actually thought that the paint looked very good! And since I knew I had done a good job this summer (last time I detailed it) I really didn't think that the difference before and after would be this big

Marcus, good to hear from you again. If I'm not wrong, you're using rotary buffer with M83 right? If that's the case, what you did is really nice. As a newbie, I do get some rotary swirls/holograms which is similar to what you have in your picture. I then follow up with M82 using W-9006 and DA. It leaves the surface >90% swirls free. Topping it up with M21 makes it look flawless!
    zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Originally posted by zey
      Marcus, good to hear from you again. If I'm not wrong, you're using rotary buffer with M83 right? If that's the case, what you did is really nice. As a newbie, I do get some rotary swirls/holograms which is similar to what you have in your picture. I then follow up with M82 using W-9006 and DA. It leaves the surface >90% swirls free. Topping it up with M21 makes it look flawless!
      That is correct, I am using the rotary.. However, I tried using my DA afterwards, still with the M83, and I didn't get any real improvements.. I think the key here is to go down in agressiveness!

Right now I am wondering what the difference would be if I used the M80 or the M82, would the M80 give a swirl-free surface or would I still have to use the M82?

Anyway, there is no good answer here, the best way is probably to try and see! (but I don't have the products yet so, no, I can't)

Comment

Marcus, if that's my paintwork and if I use M80/9006/DA, I'll get rid of all swirls/holograms. However, upon very careful inspection, I do get micro-marring, surface is not that clear. If I use M82/9006/DA, I do get a swirl-free and clear surface. It could be different for your paintwork due to different hardness. I think best is to buy both M80 and M82 .
        zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Zey: Thanks for the input :-)
          If I was to make a guess I would say that my paintwork would have a similar reaction as yours... maybe I can live with the surface ... otherwise I'll to go get a bottle of M82 eventually

(I'm about to order a couple of gallons with different products next week... *sigh* $130 shipping fee but then I will have loads of 83/80/40/26 to play around with!)

/Marcus

Comment

I would follow #83 with #82 SFP with a DA using a 8006 pad. You may need to use #82 multiple times. Then follow #82 with #80 with the DA with either a 8006 or 9006 pad, then to a Meguiar's wax or sealant. I think this will give you the best results.

I look forward to seeing pitures of B8 when completed.

Eric
            Talk it over folks. Communication is the key.

--Jerry Springer

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');