• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clean & Strip before topping with NXT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean & Strip before topping with NXT?

Hi

Two weeks ago I tried Meguiar's Hi-Tech Yellow #26 for the first time on my steel blue BMW sedan. But I think I prefer the look of my tried-and-true NXT better.... #26 doesn't seem to be as wet or glossy.

Can I just wash and top the car with NXT? Or do the polymers in NXT need a waxfree substrate to bond properly? I really don't want to strip the old wax off with a paint cleaner since I'm doing this all by hand.

Any tips/advise would be much appreciated.

Thanx!

Hi smokingGun!.............Welcome to the forum.

As long as you car's finish has been maintained properly, and has no build-up of bonded contaminates, then yes, you can apply a second coat of NXT after a wash.
    r. b.

Comment

If you can invest in a car cover this would help you a lot with preperations. For example, you just did a full detail and you want to do a another coat of wax tomorrow. The car cover would block 100% of the dust, thus elimating time, instead of a wash maybe a quick wipe down then straight into wax.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');