• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help with carbon fiber hood.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with carbon fiber hood.

im a noob, this is my first post. i searched and found a few posts on this topic but i needed some more help. i have a carbon fiber hood, had it for about a year. a few months back it started to haze so i took it off. now i want to put it back on but want the haze fixed. ive tried a few other meguiars products, like the cleaner was and gold class stuff with a dual action buffer, it looks better for a minute then comes back. ive been told i need it wet sanded and recleared but that runs about $300. i saw the post about the BMW with the carbon fiber hood and it looked similar to mine, and it looked much better afterwards. i just need to know if i go buy those products, is it gonna be what i need or am i gonna waste another $30, and still need to get it wet sanded. ie, scratchx, detailers polish, then wax. below are some pics. thanks.
    Attached Files

another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Why did you take an orbital sander to it?

I would think a dual action machine polisher with deep crystal paint cleaner or #80 may have done the job.
      Proud owner of the finest looking car in the parking lot.
      Switch to Linux. Use energy efficient lightbulbs and appliances. Keep your car well maintained and drive easy to save gas. Eat less fast food. Call your mother and tell her you love her. Try flying a kite. Read a wikipedia article daily. Use Meguiar's.

Comment

haha, my bad it was a waxmaster dual action buffer. little slip on my part.

edited ...

Comment

Try some ScratchX

Comment

i bought some scratchx, stage 2 polish, and tech wax. hope it works.

Comment

take a look at this thread

Carbon fiber hood

Comment

i read that post previously.

the scratchx, polish, and nxt wax worked brilliantly, the hood looks brand new.

way to go mequiars.

Comment

I am glad it worked out well for you. In the future, to help maintain the hood, and rest of car, you will want to use DC#1, as well as DC#2. This will be a very gentle cleaner, plus more polish to keep it nourished and looking good.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

are you talking about the deep cleaner?

Comment

Originally posted by tig488
                      are you talking about the deep cleaner?
                      yeah he is

dc1 and dc2 are from the consumer line

Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner

Deep Crystal Polish

Comment

Working...